Fresh Tomato Chili Sauce
FRESH TOMATO CHILI SAUCE
This is a sweet chili sauce made according to an old family recipe. It is great on hamburgers, and pot roast. If you don't can the sauce in jars, it can be refrigerated.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Janet Larsen
- Place the tomatoes in a large pot over medium heat, and simmer 1 hour. Skim off any excess liquid or foam. Stir in the chile peppers, bell peppers, onion, vinegar, lime juice, white sugar, brown sugar, and desired amount of salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 to 5 hours until liquid reduces and thickens. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Remove chili sauce from heat, and skim off any foam. Pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headroom. Adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
Number Of Ingredients: 9
- 35 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 fresh hot chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice, or amount to taste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt, or amount to taste
-Virginia Lanphier, Omaha, Nebraska
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 6 pints.
- In a stock pot, combine the tomatoes, onions, peppers, sugar and salt; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. , Place the pickling spices, celery seed and mustard seed on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag; add to tomato mixture. Cook for 45 minutes or until very thick, stirring frequently. , Add vinegar; cook to desired thickness. Discard spice bag. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 4 quarts chopped peeled tomatoes (about 24 large)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped sweet red peppers (about 4 medium)
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 2-1/2 cups white vinegar
FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
This is a fresh and delicious pasta sauce that is very simple to make. It is great to make in the summer when there is an abundance of fresh vegetables.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by KARMELE
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers, garlic, white wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix ingredients well; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 onions, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
CHILES RELLENOS WITH TOMATO SAUCE
Cooking Demo of this recipe can be found at: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=244681 These are large, mild, green cooking chiles that have been roasted, cleaned, and peeled; filled and dipped in batter; and fried until puffed and golden. In Mexico they are served in a sauce, but I sometimes like to serve the sauce on the side. The egg batter may be either flat, fluffy, or extra fluffy. This recipe is right in the middle. If you want flatter chiles rellenos, just beat the eggs without separating them. For fluffier chiles rellenos, fold in one tablespoon flour for each egg in the recipe. This recipe is adapted from the California Culinary Academy.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by cookiedog
Yield 6 chiles
- Place chiles on a comal or dry hot skillet and roast over high heat turning as skins blacken.
- Place chiles in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap allow to steam 15 minutes. While chiles are steaming, make tomato sauce.
- Tomato Sauce: Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook only until the onion is soft. Add pureed tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over low heat while you finish the rest of the recipe.
- Remove charred peels from chiles.
- I use two different methods for removing the seeds depending on the type of chile. Anaheim- Slice off the top 1/2 inch of chile on the stem end (horizontally) removing the seed placenta and any loose seeds with your fingers. Poblano- Carefully slit each chile lengthwise along one side; remove seeds and veins (you may find it easier to use the paring knife to cut out the seeds and then remove them with your fingers).
- Fill each chile with several strips of cheese, roll in flour, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; slightly beat yolks and fold into whites.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 360F-400°F.
- Dip floured chile into the egg batter and spoon batter over to coat chile entirely.
- Slide chile into hot oil. Fry for a few minutes on underside while spooning hot oil over the top. Turn and cook again until both sides are golden. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- You can serve the chiles now by placing 1/6 of the sauce on the plate and laying the chile on top and garnish with sour cream and cilantro or --.
- Carefully place the rellenos into the tomato sauce and simmer gently to heat thoroughly (about 15 minutes). Do not cook too long or batter will begin to break away.
- Serve with some of the sauce, and garnish with a dab of sour cream and a few cilantro leaves.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 6 large mild green chilies (I use a combination of Poblanos and Anaheim)
- 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese or 1/2 lb colby cheese, cut into strips approximately 1/2 inch wide, 2 inches long, and 1/4 inch thick
- 4 eggs, separated
- oil, 1 inch deep for frying
- sour cream, and
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can solid-pack tomatoes, pureed briefly in blender
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
FRESH TOMATO BEEF AND BLACK BEAN CHILI
If possible try to make this a day ahead and refrigerate, the flavors intensify strongly overnight --- ladle this in bowls and top with cheddar cheese
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients: 19
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs sirloin, cut into about 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 cups water (or use 1 cup water and 1 cup beer)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cumin (can use more to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder (I use ancho chili powder in place of the chili powder)
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste (YES 3 cans!)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes, diced (use very red and ripe tomatoes for this)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 4 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef broth (more if needed to thin)
- grated cheddar cheese
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE