Roasted Garlic Glazed Chicken With Lemon Herb Sauce
ROASTED GARLIC GLAZED CHICKEN WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE
recipe courtesy from emeril's kitchens, by emeril lagasse. different way of preparing chicken and best part is that it's all done in 1 or 2 pans depending on how large of an oven proof skillet you have. the herbs and the garlic glaze are just heavenly to smell and devour. this was a huge hit in my home and even the kid enjoyed it. prep time includes the 1 hour for roasting the garlic as this can be done ahead of time.
Time: 105 minutes
- for the roasted garlic glaze:
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees f
- cut off the top third of each head of garlic
- put them on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet , drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the tops , and sprinkle with 1 / 2 teaspoon of the salt and 1 / 4 teaspoon of the pepper
- turn the garlic cut side down and roast until the cloves are soft and golden brown , about 1 hour
- remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle
- into a food processor squeeze each head of garlic gently to release the flesh
- add the egg yolks , lemon juice , and the remaining 1 / 2 teaspoon salt and 1 / 4 teaspoon pepper and puree on high speed
- add the remaining 1 / 2 cup of oil in a slow , steady stream and process until the glaze is thick and smooth
- transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use
- for the chicken:
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees f
- separate the legs& thighs
- season the chicken on both sides with the essence
- heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large ovenproof skillets over medium-high heat
- place the chicken pieces skin side down in the hot pans and sear for 6 minutes
- remove from the heat
- add 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 sprigs of thyme to each pan , and place in the oven
- roast for 16 minutes
- remove from the oven and carefully turn the chicken halves with tongs
- brush the skin side of each chicken with the garlic glaze and roast skin side up until the skin is crisp , about 10 minutes longer
- for the lemon herb sauce:
- in a small saucepan , bring the chicken stock to a simmer
- transfer to a blender or food processor
- add the mustard and process on high speed
- with the motor running , add the lemon juice , olive oil , and herbs , and process until smooth
- serve immediately
Number Of Ingredients: 15
- chicken legs', "emeril's original essence", 'olive oil
- unsalted butter
- fresh thyme
- extra virgin olive oil
- white pepper
- egg yolk
- fresh lemon juice
- chicken stock
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- mixed fresh herbs
ROASTED GARLIC-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH LEMON-HERB SAUCE
Recipe courtesy From Emeril's Kitchens, by Emeril Lagasse. Different way of preparing chicken and best part is that it's all done in 1 or 2 pans depending on how large of an oven proof skillet you have. The herbs and the garlic glaze are just heavenly to smell and devour. This was a huge hit in my home and even the kid enjoyed it. Prep time includes the 1 hour for roasting the garlic as this can be done ahead of time.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by Chippie1
Yield 4 serving(s)
- For the Roasted Garlic Glaze:.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut off the top third of each head of garlic.
- Put them on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil over the tops, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Turn the garlic cut side down and roast until the cloves are soft and golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Into a food processor squeeze each head of garlic gently to release the flesh.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and puree on high speed.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oil in a slow, steady stream and process until the glaze is thick and smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- (The glaze can be made up to 1 day in advance).
- For the Chicken:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate the legs& thighs.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the Essence.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in each of 2 large ovenproof skillets over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken pieces skin side down in the hot pans and sear for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and 2 sprigs of thyme to each pan, and place in the oven.
- Roast for 16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully turn the chicken halves with tongs.
- Brush the skin side of each chicken with the garlic glaze and roast skin side up until the skin is crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
- For the Lemon Herb Sauce:.
- In a small saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a simmer.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add the mustard and process on high speed.
- With the motor running, add the lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs, and process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Number Of Ingredients: 16
- 4 chicken legs (leg & thigh separated)
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning here on zaar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 heads garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, parsley, chives, and oregano; can use dried, but fresh is better)
ROASTED LEMON, GARLIC, AND CHICKEN
If you've never tried roasting lemons, you must! Flavor transformation, especially paired with chicken and garlic. This is a wholesome and delicious recipe.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Zest to Impress
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine white wine, oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme leaves, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a bowl. Pour 1/2 the sauce into a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and place over sauce in the baking dish. Cover chicken with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place garlic slices over chicken; tuck lemon slices and thyme bundle between pieces of chicken.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and cook until no longer pink in the centers and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 20 to 25 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from the oven; cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve with pan juices poured over chicken and roasted lemon slices, squeezing lemon juice from slices over chicken.
Number Of Ingredients: 13
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 lemon slices
- 1 bunch thyme sprigs, tied together
ROASTED LEMON HERB CHICKEN
My family loves this. My husband even requests it.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by barbzal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle this oil/juice mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.
Number Of Ingredients: 8
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
LEMON-HERB ROAST CHICKEN
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Serves 4
- Combine butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic and lemon peel in small bowl and stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Herb butter can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before using.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Slide hand under skin of chicken breast to loosen skin form meat. Reserve 2 tablespoons herb butter for gravy. Rub half of remaining herb butter over chicken breast under skin. Spread remaining herb butter over outside of chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Truss chicken to help hold shape.
- Place chicken in heavy large roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Roast chicken until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh registers 175°F. and juices from thigh run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with skewer, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Lift chicken and tilt slightly, emptying any juices from cavity into roasting pan. Transfer chicken to platter. Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into large glass measuring cup. Spoon fat off top. Add wine to pan. Place pan over high heat; bring wine to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Pour wine mixture into cup with pan juices. Add enough broth to same cup to measure 2 1/4 cups liquid. Melt reserved 2 tablespoons herb butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour; whisk until smooth and beginning to color, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in pan juices. Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, whisking occasionally, about 7 minutes. Season gravy with salt and pepper. Arrange lemon and rosemary around chicken on platter. Serve with gravy.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 6 1/2- to 7-pound roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup (about canned low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Lemon wedges
- Rosemary sprigs
LEMON, SAGE, AND GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN
Recipe From epicurious.com
Yield Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Slide fingertips under chicken skin to loosen. Arrange 2 lemon slices and 3 sage leaves under skin on each breast; smooth skin over to enclose. Place chicken on rimmed baking sheet; brush with oil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon lemon juice over each breast; sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup broth onto sheet around chicken.
- Roast chicken until brown and cooked through, basting once or twice with pan juices, about 25 minutes. Transfer chicken to platter.
- Place baking sheet directly atop 2 burners; add remaining 1/2 cup broth. Using back of fork, mash any garlic on baking sheet into broth and pan juices. Boil over high heat until broth reduces almost to glaze, scraping up browned bits, about 4 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Number Of Ingredients: 7
- 4 chicken breast halves with skin and bones
- 8 very thin lemon slices, seeded
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
SUNNY'S HERBED LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN GLAZE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Sunny Anderson
Yield 1 cup
- Zest the lemon, then cut it in half and supreme/section it. Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon center into a small bowl.
- In a medium pot on medium heat, add the onions, red chile flakes, olive oil, a nice pinch of salt and plenty of coarsely ground black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic, lower the heat and stir the garlic into the onions until lost and fragrant. Add the lemon zest and juice, lemon curd, chicken stock, Worcestershire, rosemary and thyme to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, another 3 to 5 minutes. Gently stir in the parsley and lemon sections. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use 1/4 cup to glaze a whole chicken while grilling. Drizzle the remaining glaze over the chicken when serving.
Number Of Ingredients: 12
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC-SHERRY SAUCE
This garlic-kissed chicken is delicious, plain or fancy. It's an elegant entree for guests-and my husband and I love its leftovers in rice casseroles and hot, open-face sandwiches. -Sheri Sidwell, Alton, Illinois
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
- For brine, in a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Cook and stir until salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature., Place a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag inside a second large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Carefully pour cooled brine into bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning several times., Preheat oven to 400°. Drain and discard brine. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat. , Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon., In the drippings, saute garlic for 1 minute. Add broth, sherry or additional broth and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Discard thyme. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and remaining pepper. Serve with chicken.
Number Of Ingredients: 11
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
CHILE-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH HONEY, LEMON AND FETA
A little sweet, a little spicy and very citrusy, this easy chicken recipe hits all the right notes, making it the kind of weeknight dinner you'll put on repeat. The feta adds a creamy, salty bite that's softened by the lemon and honey, while rosemary and red-pepper flakes round out the flavors. Serve this with a loaf of crusty bread or flatbread for scooping up all the tangy pan juices. You won't want to leave a drop behind.
Recipe From cooking.nytimes.com
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients: 10
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and drumsticks (to substitute breasts, see Tip)
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely grated or crushed to a paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, preferably a Meyer lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled into large pieces (a heaping 1/2 cup)
- Chopped mint, dill or parsley, for serving
YOU'LL ALSO LOVE