- In a heavy 4-quart Dutch oven stir together the flour and oil till smooth. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir the roux constantly (about 5 minutes-maybe more, depending on how dark it gets). Roux should be a dark reddish brown. Stir in the onion, green pepper, garlic, and seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or till vegetables are tender. Gradually stir the hot water into the vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken. Bring mixture to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 40 minutes. Stir in the sausage. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes more till chicken is tender. Remove from heat. Skim off fat. (I use a paper towel.) Peel shrimp and put peels in either a steamer or cheesecloth. Add to broth. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove peels. About 25 minutes before serving, cook rice. About 10 minutes before serving, add okra. While okra is cooking, cut shrimp into bite-size pieces. Add shrimp about 5 minutes before serving. Cook till heated through. Spoon gumbo over hot cooked rice. Serve with ¼ to ½ teaspoon filé powder to the side of each serving to stir into gumbo, if desired. Makes 6 servings. We usually double this recipe.
Similar recipes "chicken sausage and shrimp gumbo food"
Provided by Claudia Fleming
I found this recipe in one of my favorite appetizer books: Cocktail Food: 50 Finger Foods with Attitude by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford. This book has been one of my favorites, and...
Provided by Rainbabe
This recipe does not use "taco seasoning mix," but you make your own. It also includes instructions for cooking this in a regular oven. From Better Homes and Gardens.
Provided by threeovens
Try this sweet strawberry jam sour cream coffee cake with a rum glaze for your next brunch.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
This is a good name for these cookies,they are "Addictive" and you start feeling "Stupid" because you can't stop eating them! They are "GOOD - TASTY & DELICIOUS", no matter how hard you try ... "one is...
Provided by DAYLE CLICK
A recipe from the Ultimate Barbeque cookbook. I will do it for lunch. ETA : I can see why these are Dream Burgers. They are so tasty. A little bit sweet because of the sauce. Burgers are moist and were...
Provided by Boomette
This is a favorite salad in our house. I change it around to match the fruits of the season. Some of our favorites are: canned mandarin oranges, diced apples, diced pears, fresh berries, or even Craisins....
Provided by CookingBlues
Make and share this Spicy Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
Provided by piranhabriana
More recipes about "chicken sausage and shrimp gumbo food"
SAUSAGE, CHICKEN, AND SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
2017-03-07 · This Sausage, Chicken, and Shrimp Gumbo is a traditional version of the famous Southern dish. Although gumbo comes in all shapes and forms, …
- In a large pot or Dutch oven melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted add bell pepper, onion, and celery and cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the garlic to the vegetables for the last minute of cooking.
- Add the chicken stock, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire, parsley, okra, and salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and simmer.
- While mixture is simmering add sliced sausage to a skillet and brown. Once browned, remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon and add to chicken stock mixture.
- Discard remaining sausage drippings from pan then melt 6 tablespoons of butter in the pan. Once melted, add 6 tablespoons flour and whisk until roux is incorporated. Continue cooking 6-7 minutes, stirring constantly, until roux becomes a caramel color. Be careful not to burn but the darker the roux the deeper the flavor.
CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND SAUSAGE GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2016-12-29 · Pour the chicken stock and reserved shrimp stock in and stir till the paste (roux) is combined. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and …
- In large skillet brown both sausages on medium-low heat. Set aside till later. You may need to do this in batches.
- In small sauce pan add water and shrimp shells and simmer for 20 minutes covered. Remove from heat and let sit for another 20 minutes, covered. Strain stock and reserve for later.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE & SHRIMP GUMBO - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
2017-02-27 · Add the shredded chicken, frozen okra and half the sausage to the soup pot. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat …
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Sauté the sliced andouille sausage until lightly browned then remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Cover the plate and set aside to a warm location until needed.
- Heat ¾ cup vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat until shimmering and almost smoking. Add the flour and cook stirring constantly until the roux is the color of a copper penny (not an old one!) Add the onions, celery and bell pepper and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute or two or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, thyme, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, while slowly adding a small amount of chicken broth if needed, to prevent burning.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
2013-04-02 · Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and sausage. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onions should soften and the sausage …
10 BEST CHICKEN SAUSAGE SHRIMP AND OKRA GUMBO RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-01-02 · Chicken Sausage Shrimp and Okra Gumbo Recipes. 55,032 suggested recipes. Okra Gumbo Bon Appétit. Scotch Bonnet pepper, bay leaves, paprika, shrimp, chopped green bell pepper and 14 more. Seafood Okra …
10 BEST CHICKEN SAUSAGE SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-01-01 · Chicken, Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo by Mellina Just a Pinch. onion, flat-leaf parsley, green onions, shrimp, okra, flour, celery stalks and 14 more.
BEST SOUTHERN CHICKEN SAUSAGE SHRIMP GUMBO - THE ...
2018-10-31 · Making this Chicken Sausage Shrimp Gumbo recipe is a labor of pure, southern Love!Southerners were born and raised eating Gumbo, Chicken & Dumplings, Fried Okra, …
- Add flour and oil to a large dutch oven. Stir constantly over low medium heat, making sure mixture is smooth and lump free. Cook until color is medium to dark rich coco color. Be sure not to burn!
- Add broth, bay leaves, a few rosemary leaves (optional), and file'. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes to an hour.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP GUMBO - SAVOR THE FLAVOUR
2018-07-16 · Cover and bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lemon, then add the shrimp, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for …
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium high heat. Brown the chicken breasts, turning over once. Once browned, remove from the heat and place on a plate. Once the chicken has cooled, shred with a fork.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat the fat (lard) over medium heat, whisk in the flour, and stir constantly until the roux turns a deep copper color, about 45 minutes. Check out my recipe for making roux for gumbo to get step-by-step photos and many helpful tips on this important step.
- Transfer the roux to a heavy-bottomed pot and add the onion, green pepper, and celery. Stir and cook over medium high heat until it starts to soften, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
EASY NEW ORLEANS GUMBO - WITH CHICKEN, SHRIMP, AND …
2020-06-04 · Brown andouille sausage on both sides, about 2 minutes for each side. Set aside. Using the sausage grease, saute the celery and onion for 5 minutes. Season heavily with …
- Pour 1 tbsp olive oil to a large cooking pot if using the same pan throughout, or a sauce pan. Cook the chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes or until done, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
- Using the sausage grease, saute the celery and onion for 5 minutes. Season heavily with Cajun seasoning blend. Stir occasionally.
CHICKEN, SHRIMP AND ANDOUILLE GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD & …
2013-12-07 · Step 1. In a large, heavy stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the reserved shrimp shells and chicken wings, season with salt and pepper and cook over …
- In a large, heavy stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Add the reserved shrimp shells and chicken wings, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the chicken wings are browned, about 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until glossy, about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in the stock, stirring with a wooden spoon to release any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Skim the surface of the stock, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally.
- Add the chicken legs to the stock and simmer until they are cooked through, about 40 minutes. Strain the stock into a heatproof bowl and transfer the chicken legs to a large plate. When the legs are cool enough to handle, remove the meat and discard the skin and bones. Tear the meat into 2-inch pieces and set aside. Skim the fat from the surface of the stock and reserve the stock.
- In a large enameled cast-iron casserole, stir the remaining 2/3 cup of vegetable oil with the flour until smooth. Cook the oil and flour over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until a deep brown roux forms, about 25 minutes. Add the garlic, scallion whites, celery, onions, green peppers and finely chopped andouille sausage. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 15 minutes. Add the thyme, cayenne, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the reserved stock. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, skimming occasionally.
- Add the okra and simmer until just tender, about 8 minutes. Add the reserved shredded chicken and the andouille rounds and simmer for 10 minutes. Season the gumbo with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and let the gumbo stand for a few minutes. Stir in the filé powder and scallion greens and serve hot.
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE GUMBO - IMMACULATE BITES
2019-10-21 · Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo – rich, flavorful gumbo bursting with authentic flavors and loaded with chicken, shrimp, crab legs and sausage. Everything you …
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove. Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then remove. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan combine melted butter, oil and flour until smooth.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, for about 20-30 minutes or until it turns a rich dark brown color - just like chocolate. Don’t walk away from the stove during this process. It might burn.
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE GUMBO - CHEF LOLA'S KITCHEN
2021-02-03 · Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo. Gumbo is soothing, warm, flavorful, and it’s not hard to make as long as you follow a few crucial tips, especially the roux, which is the …
- Chop the vegetables: Place the celery, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic into the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until the vegetables are finely chopped. You can also use a sharp knife to finely chop. Set aside.
- Make the roux: Heat the oil in a large, heavy saucepan. Add the flour and whisk quickly to dissolve the flour. Turn the stove down to medium-low and cook for about 30 minutes, constantly stirring until the roux becomes a dark caramel color.
- Once you get to the desired color, toss in the onion, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, and celery. This immediately drops the temperature of the roux and prevent it from burning.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, and cook until vegetables are tender—about 10 minutes.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP GUMBO - COUNTRYSIDE ...
2018-06-13 · Stir in sausage, okra, and bay leaves. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken can be easily …
- In a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and continue to whisk almost constantly until it reaches a medium brown color (like peanut butter) and has a nice toasty smell. If it is browning really fast turn down your heat so it doesn't burn.
- Add the chopped onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic and cajun seasoning. Increase heat back up to medium if needed and cook for 3-5 minutes just to get the vegetables a little head start. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and continue to whisk until there are no lumps. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in sausage, okra, and bay leaves. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken can be easily shredded.
- Remove chicken to cutting board and shred. Transfer back to slow cooker and stir in shrimp. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let stew settle for 5 minutes. If any fat comes to the surface remove with a spoon if desired.
CHICKEN SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE GUMBO RECIPE - HOSTESS AT HEART
2019-02-27 · Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Gumbo has a deep, smooth and savory flavor with a subtly spicy finish. One bowl is a complete and filling meal. One bowl is a complete and …
- Combine all of the chicken stock ingredients together and cook until chicken is completely cooked. Remove chicken and thyme bundle. Let chicken cool until you can remove the skin and the meat from the bone. Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk together until golden brown. Add chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time to make a thick slurry (up to 4 cups). Bring to a boil and add Gumbo vegetables, sausage, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes.
CHICKEN SHRIMP & SMOKED SAUSAGE GUMBO - JAYLYNN LITTLE
2019-10-13 · Stir everything together and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the bay leaves and pour in the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 45-50 minutes. Add in the …
- In the same large dutch oven pot over medium heat, add in the flour and butter. Whisk the oil, flour, and butter together until smooth and you have achieved a pretty caramel color.
- Return the roux to the heat and stir in the peppers, onions, and celery. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2014-06-17 · Add mushrooms, green onions, bay leaf, thyme and basil; season to taste with salt, pepper and Tabasco. Cook an additional one to two hours if necessary, until chicken is tender …
- *Removeas much fat from the chicken as possible; cut smoked sausage or andouille into half inch slices and set aside.
- In a two gallon stock pot, heat oil over medium heat; sprinkle in flour and whisk constantly until a golden brown roux is achieved; DO NOT scorch; if black specks appear, discard it and start again.
- Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic; saute 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are wilted; add chicken and sausage, blending well into vegetable mixture; saute approximately fifteen minutes.
- Add chicken stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly until all is incorporated; bring to a rolling boil, reduce to simmer and cook approximately one hour, stirring occasionally and skimming any fat or oil that rises to the top of the pot.
AUTHENTIC SEAFOOD, CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO - GARLIC & ZEST
2020-02-17 · Best meat for chicken sausage gumbo Sausage: Most authentic gumbo recipes use andouille sausage (a classic Cajun food), but if you can’t find it, a good smoked sausage …
- Place a dutch oven or heavy bottomed stockpot over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat until very hot, oil will start to shimmer and have a moiré effect. With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until the color of the roux is a deep golden brown.
- Add the onion, celery, red, yellow and green bell pepper and garlic to the roux and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are softened slightly and tender.
- Add the chicken and sausage and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until the sausage is fragrant and chicken is cooked on the outside.
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO - THE SEASONED MOM
2021-02-26 · Stir in the garlic and sausage; cook for 1 more minute. Whisk in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes, then bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the …
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring constantly, until dark caramel colored, about 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the roux burn.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and sausage; cook for 1 more minute.
GUMBO WITH CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, SHRIMP & CRAB
2017-02-07 · Boil chicken in 3 qts water. Bone and set aside. Reserve stock. In heavy dutch oven, saute’ celery, onion, parsley, and garlic until celery is tender. Add reserved stock, …
- In separate non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup flour. Stir constantly over medium high heat until mixture is smooth and turns dark brown. Add to Dutch oven.
SAUSAGE, CHICKEN AND SHRIMP GUMBO - THE WASHINGTON POST
2021-01-05 · If the gumbo is too thick, add more stock or water, 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency. About 10 minutes before serving, add the shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, 5 to 10 ...
CHICKEN GUMBO WITH SHRIMP & SAUSAGE - SETH MCGINN'S CANCOOKER
Directions. In a Non-Stick CanCooker add the tomatoes, chicken thighs, sausage, chicken broth, green pepper, onion, celery, creole seasoning, garlic, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Place on lid and cook on medium low heat for 40 min. Remove lid add the shrimp, cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP GUMBO - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
2019-08-28 · Instructions. Cook chicken and Italian sausage - either grill or bake - then slice into bite size pieces. Set aside. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add frozen vegetables, sausage, and Creole seasoning. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
GUMBO RECIPE WITH SHRIMP, CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE - JOTSCROLL
2021-08-04 · After 30 minutes, add 1 and 1/4 cup of fresh shrimp and 1 and 1/4 tsp of gumbo file; also, add a handful of chopped scallion. Add the shrimp and the file powder. Stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes on low heat. After 10 minutes, your Homemade Gumbo is ready, take out the bay leaves and turn off the heat.
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE - LIFE IS A PARTY
2021-07-13 · Next add the sausage, chicken stock, and bay leaf to the pot. Scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the soup to a boil, and cook about 10 minutes. Lasty add the shrimp and okra to the soup. Bring back to the boil and cook unitl the shrimp turns pink and is fully cooked. Serve with rice and french bread.
CROCK POT CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, AND SHRIMP GUMBO RECIPE
2004-10-31 · Chicken thighs offer more flavor than chicken breasts but feel free to use boneless chicken breasts if you prefer. Use andouille sausage or another kind of spicy smoked sausage, and add the tomatoes for a Creole-style gumbo or omit them for a more Cajun-like gumbo.This recipe is designed to prevent the shrimp from becoming rubbery by cooking it first in a skillet, …
12 SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
2021-11-09 · 12 Flavorful Shrimp and Sausage Recipes. Shrimp and sausage make up the basis for so many classic dishes, including gumbo, jambalaya, seafood boils, and much more. Here we've gathered a collection of favorite shrimp and sausage recipes that put this legendary ingredient combo on display in delicious dinners.