- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a medium bowl with salted ice water. Working in 2 batches, add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water. Drain. Reserve 7 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Thinly slice 18 of the asparagus tips on the diagonal and reserve for a garnishing the soup. Chop the remaining asparagus spears into small pieces.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrots and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 12 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the reserved asparagus cooking liquid and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Tie the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the soup. Lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped asparagus and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove and discard the herb bundle. Working in batches, transfer the asparagus mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Using a sieve over a large bowl, strain the asparagus soup. Return the puree to the pot and reheat over medium heat.
- Whisk the heavy cream, vermouth, and salt into the soup and season with pepper. Divide among warm soup bowls, sprinkle each soup with the reserved asparagus tips, and serve immediately.
Similar recipes "cream of asparagus soup"
A friend showed us this creation on a camping trip. If you have pie makers, AKA tonka toasters, campfire irons, etc., these are a great dessert and a nice twist on the s'more idea. This can be done in...
Provided by Michelle Bomgaars
My son wanted a fajita but we were out of tortillas. I told him that we could make some. I found this recipe on the internet and we tried it. They turned out great and were very quick and easy to make....
Provided by Julie Huppert
This recipe for yogurt chicken masala was passed down to me by my grandmother. It is delicious and easy to cook. Serve with rice.
Provided by deborah chang
My son has celiac disease & one of his favorite summer foods is pasta salad. So, I've tweaked one of my favorite pasta salad recipes, so he can enjoy it too. The beauty of this recipe is its infinite possibilities....
Provided by gemini jodi
Do as chef Chris Fischer does and cook an extra batch of the baby red beets. Toss them whole with salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of red-wine vinegar, and then serve them as an hors d'oeuvre.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Quick and easy salsa recipe.
Provided by SLG
This is my take on a tried and true recipe with some changes. It's delicious and would go great with some home made pasta. I doubled the recipe because we love this sort of dish.
Provided by Chef Joey Z.
Roasting the zucchini takes a little bit of time, but changes everything about this dish! Well worth the wait.
Provided by sjw7997
Delicious pasta bake that kids love and a sneaky way to get them to eat spinach.
Provided by barbara lentz
Used this recipe when my children were still in grade school. I had never realized that 3 kids could go through 2-3 gallons of milk, often times more, in a weeks time. You know, they had to have a cold...
Provided by Pat Campbell
More recipes about "cream of asparagus soup"
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
1999-03-26 · Puree soup in a food processor or blender in batches. Return to pot. Step 3. Stir in half and half cream, soy sauce, and black and white pepper. Bring soup just to boil. …
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy cooking pot. Add onions and chopped celery; saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour, mixing well. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not burn, or let it go lumpy. Add water, chicken broth, and chicken soup base; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Add diced potatoes and chopped asparagus. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in half and half cream, soy sauce, and black and white pepper. Bring soup just to boil. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
2016-01-29 · Step 1. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 …
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; season with 2 teaspoons salt. Add asparagus tips and blanch until bright green and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath with a slotted spoon; reserve for topping. Add trimmings, 1/2 shallot and 1/2 clove garlic to the same pot and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer the asparagus stock 20 to 25 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- In another saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add sliced shallot and chopped garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in potato and enough of the asparagus stock to cover the vegetables (about 1 cup), and simmer until the potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain remaining asparagus stock directly into saucepan with the potatoes. Add remaining asparagus and cook until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender until completely smooth; remove 1 cup and reserve. Slowly stir in cream, and season to taste with salt and pepper; thin with reserved liquid as needed. Serve hot or chilled, topped with asparagus tips and a drizzle of oil.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
1999-09-27 · Advertisement. Step 2. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter or margarine and remove from heat. Add the flour and stir well until smooth. Gradually add the remaining 2 1/2 cups broth. Return the saucepan …
- Trim the coarse ends of the asparagus and cut asparagus into one inch pieces. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, saute the asparagus in 1 cup of the broth for about 7 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter or margarine and remove from heat. Add the flour and stir well until smooth. Gradually add the remaining 2 1/2 cups broth. Return the saucepan to the heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Add the half-and-half, salt, pepper and cooked asparagus with liquid. Stir well and heat thoroughly. Serve hot and enjoy!
CHEF JOHN'S CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | ALLRECIPES
2013-03-14 · Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add minced onion and salt; cook and stir until onion is soft and golden, about 10 minutes. Advertisement. Step 2. Pour chicken broth and water into pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes. Step 3. Place asparagus …
- Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add minced onion and salt; cook and stir until onion is soft and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Place asparagus pieces in simmering broth. Cook, stirring occasionally until asparagus is just tender and still bright green, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
CREAM OF FRESH ASPARAGUS SOUP II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
1999-03-11 · Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk. Step 3. Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup.
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until asparagus is tender, about 12 minutes. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining chicken broth, and increase the heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Stir in the asparagus puree and the milk.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup. Add the sour cream mixture and the lemon juice to the soup. Stir while heating the soup to serving temperature, but don't allow it to boil. Serve immediately.
WINNING CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT ...
Place asparagus in a large saucepan and cover with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving liquid. In a another saucepan, …
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2013-10-28 · Remove asparagus tips and set aside. Place half of the soup at a time in a blender container. Cover and blend at high speed for 20 to 30 seconds or until very smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and return blended soup to saucepan. Add reserved asparagus tips and cream …
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP (CRèME D'ASPERGES) RECIPE RECIPE ...
2001-03-01 · Step 3. Cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter in a 4-quart heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. Add asparagus pieces and salt and pepper to taste, then …
HOW TO MAKE EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | KITCHN
2020-04-08 · Every year, when peak asparagus season arrives (it’s now!), a big pot of silky, cream-kissed asparagus soup is always the first thing I make. Made with just two bunches of asparagus and a couple of pantry staples, it packs in the bright freshness I crave this time of year while still delivering all the comfort I expect from a creamy bowl of soup. Giving the hot soup …
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
2008-05-12 · Add asparagus, parsley, lemon rind, lemon juice and pepper. Pour in broth and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, remove 1 cup (250 mL) of the asparagus tips; chop coarsely and set aside. In batches in blender or food processor, puree soup…
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2003-02-14 · Cook onion in butter until soft. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Gradually add stock, stirring. Add cream and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add asparagus and nutmeg and cook for 15-20 minutes. Puree in batches in a food …
CREAMY ASPARAGUS SOUP - THE SEASONED MOM
2020-04-11 · Asparagus Soup without Cream: You can make the soup without adding the cream at the end. Aunt Bee and my mom often serve it this way! If omitting the cream, I recommend dicing the potato into smaller pieces and leaving the potato in the soup when you puree the asparagus. This will give the soup a thicker consistency without the need for cream …
- In a heavy pot, combine asparagus, chicken broth, onion and potato. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the potato chunks.
- Using an immersion or regular blender, puree soup. If using a regular blender, be sure to pause and remove the lid a few times to allow the steam to escape (so that it doesn’t explode). Return pureed soup to the pot, stir in the cream, and warm over low heat (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with herbs or other optional toppings.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP | FOOD TO LOVE
2010-06-30 · Cream of asparagus soup. 1. Melt butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and leek on medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until soft. 2. Add asparagus, potatoes and stock. Bring to the …
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; cook onion and leek on medium heat, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add asparagus, potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
- Blend soup mixture, in batches, until smooth. Place a large, fine sieve over a large bowl. Pour soup through sieve.
- Just before serving, return soup to same cleaned pan. Stir in cream (reserving just a little), salt, pepper and extra asparagus; cook to heat through.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2008-03-05 · DIRECTIONS. Trim asparagus and chop coarsely. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and lightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus and …
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and lightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until asparagus is very tender. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a blender, at low speed (with center part of cover removed to allow steam to escape), blend soup mixture in very small batches until very smooth. Pour blended soup into large bowl after each batch.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2003-04-03 · In small batches puree soup in a food mill, blender or food processor. If using a blender or processor force puree through a strainer with a wooden spoon-this removes any asparagus fibers. Return puree to the pan, stir in cream and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Stir well, simmering for 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Into a pan of salted, boiling water cook asparagus …
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2008-03-26 · Cook the asparagus in 2 cups boiling water until tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the water. Cut off the tips, chop them and reserve. Put the chicken stock, onion, and reserved water in a pan and bring to boil. Add the asparagus and simmer for 5 minutes. Put through a strainer or vegetable mill or puree in a food …
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH SOUR CREAM RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
2016-11-18 · Melt butter in soup pot. Add onion, leeks, salt, and pepper and sweat for 5 minutes. In cheesecloth combine bay leaf and thyme and tie to form sachet.
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add onion, leeks, salt, and pepper and sweat for 5 minutes. In cheesecloth combine bay leaf and thyme and tie to form sachet. Add sachet of herbs to vegetables. Have stock simmering in saucepan. Add hot stock to vegetables, bring to the boil, reduce, and simmer for 20 minutes. Add asparagus bottoms, and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove sachet of herbs. With immersion blender, puree soup (or puree in batches in a standing blender).
- Carefully strain soup through fine sieve. Return strained soup to the pot and reboil. Add cream and heat through, but do not boil. Serve immediately with hot asparagus tips strewn in as garnish. Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP: DELICIOUS, EASY RECIPE FOR ...
2016-12-24 · Cream of Asparagus Soup. I’m definitely an asparagus lover, so this creamed soup was a gem of a find. I’ve made it twice now and love eating it for lunch.I’m freezing today’s batch into individual portions …
- Combine asparagus spears, chopped onion and 1/2 cup of the chicken broth in a soup pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Turn heat down to medium and cover, continue cooking for ten minutes. Stir it now and again to make sure it's not sticking to the pan.
- Pour asparagus mixture into food processor and process until all the pieces are broken up and the mixture is fairly homogenous.
EASY CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
2019-03-22 · In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
2020-03-04 · Add 2 pounds asparagus (trimmed and chopped), 1 1/2 cups each water and chicken broth and a big pinch of salt. Simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Working in batches, puree in a blender. Return ...
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP RECIPE | SUNNY ANDERSON | FOOD NETWORK
ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH BASIL CREAM RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM
1995-04-01 · In a 4-quart heavy saucepan cook onions in butter with salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat, stirring until pale golden. Add asparagus stalk pieces, broth, and reserved cooking liquid and ...
DISH DO-OVER: CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - STEVEN AND CHRIS
2014-04-22 · Snap woody ends from asparagus and add to stock. Trim tips from asparagus, set aside. Cut middles into 1 ½ inch pieces, set aside. After 25 minutes remove asparagus ends from stock, discard. Add ...
ASPARAGUS CREAM SOUP | CANADIAN LIVING
2008-05-07 · In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; fry leek, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in wine; cook, stirring, until no liquid remains, about 2 minutes. Pour in stock and bring to boil. Add asparagus; reduce heat and simmer until asparagus is tender, 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
CREAM OF ASPARAGUS SOUP - READER'S DIGEST
Add potatoes and cut-up asparagus to pan and stir to combine. Add water, tarragon, salt, and pepper to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until potatoes and asparagus are tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer soup to food processor and purée. Return to saucepan and stir in milk and reserved asparagus. Cook over low heat ...