This crispy sandwich gets a double hit of heat, thanks to a tangy Tabasco sauce brine and cayenne-spiked coating. A crisp buttermilk slaw and creamy herbed mayo spread provide refreshing flavor and a perfect counterbalance to the spice.
Provided by Katherine Sacks
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 29
- Prep the chicken:
- Combine buttermilk, hot sauce, and 2 tsp. salt in a large, shallow bowl. Add chicken, cover, and chill 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and herbs in a small bowl; cover and chill until ready to use.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow baking dish. Combine flour, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper, and 1 1/2 tsp. salt in another shallow baking dish. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in cornstarch, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into bowl, then coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Repeat for a second coating. Place chicken on a lightly floured sheet tray; chill at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Make the Buttermilk Slaw:
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper, honey, and 1 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage and carrot and toss to combine.
- Fry the chicken:
- Pour oil into a heavy-duty pot to a depth of 3/4" and fit pot with deep-fry thermometer. Heat oil over medium-high until thermometer registers 350°F. Reduce heat to medium, then fry chicken pieces, two at a time and turning occasionally, until crispy and golden and the internal temperature registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt.
- Assemble the sandwiches:
- Spread rolls on cut sides with butter. Heat a large skillet over medium. Working in batches, cook rolls, buttered side down, until browned and crisp, about 1 minute.
- Spread one side of bun with herbed mayonnaise. Build each sandwich with chicken, pickles, 1/4 cup slaw, and remaining bun. Serve remaining slaw alongside.
Similar recipes "crispy chicken sandwich with buttermilk slaw and herbed mayo"
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A classic after-dinner digestif with an almond and coconut finish."
Provided by Engrossed
This dish is a little different and results in a sweet and savory combination that even the most finicky eater will love. Our two year old scarfed it down.
Provided by CP Camper
Make and share this Spinach Salad With Oranges, Dried Cherries, and Candied Pecans recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Ameliahead
From Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook. Great salad for a crowd, although his dressing is a bit "tame". If you want it spicier, mix half a cup of mayo and half a cup of Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch instead...
Provided by Z-chef
My sister got this way of making cheeseburgers from America's Test Kitchen. It is by far the best cheeseburger I have ever tasted and is best cooked on the grill. I would compare the taste of this cheeseburger...
Provided by hhenehan
This cherry coffee cake is the one people always rave over. Delicious enough for me to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Provided by Anna W
This is the perfect chilli con carne recipe. Lovely with basmati rice. It will set your taste buds a light with the flavours. I promise this is one of the best carne recipes you'll try
Provided by Chef Punchin
An easy to assemble dinner idea. Serves a large family well, or use at your next potluck function.
Provided by Donna
Cut into triangles or quarters, these fun mini sandwiches are a tasty addition to an afternoon tea gathering. The cranberry mayo lends an original flavor twist, and the apples give them a sweet-tart crunch....
Provided by Taste of Home
These delightful savoury muffins feature fresh rosemary, tangy goat cheese and crunchy pistachios to make a very yummy treat! They go great with hearty soups or as part of a party buffet.
Provided by Lalaloula
More recipes about "crispy chicken sandwich with buttermilk slaw and herbed mayo"
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH SLAW AND SPICY MAYO RECIPE ...
2013-03-08 · Step 2. Whisk flour, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow bowl. Pour buttermilk into another shallow bowl. Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken …
- Mix garlic, mayonnaise, and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl; cover and chill. Toss onion, jalapeño, cabbage, pickles, and pickle juice in a large bowl to combine; cover and chill.
- Whisk flour, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow bowl. Pour buttermilk into another shallow bowl. Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Dredge again in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Pour oil into a large heavy skillet to a depth of 1/2-inch. Prop deep-fry thermometer in oil so bulb is submerged. Heat over medium heat until thermometer registers 350°.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a wire rack set inside a baking sheet; season with salt.
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH SPICY SLAW - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2020-11-01 · Crispy fried chicken sandwich with spicy jalapeño slaw and kewpie mayo is the chicken sandwich of your dreams. Perfection in every bite. Ingredients. Full recipe + amounts can be found in the recipe card below. Chicken. I used chicken breasts but boneless chicken thighs are a great substitution. Buttermilk…
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes but ideally overnight in the fridge. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and spices together.
THE BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE OF ALL TIME | EPICURIOUS
2015-10-08 · A chicken sandwich from Hill Country Chicken. Photo by Chelsea Kyle Add a Crunchy Slaw. While shredded lettuce is nice, the satisfying crunch of a proper cole slaw …
SUPER-CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
2020-07-16 · Preheat oven to 200°F. Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet; heat oil over medium to 350°F. Step 4. Working in batches, remove 3 or 4 chicken thighs from buttermilk ...
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
2018-11-27 · Directions. For the chicken: Combine the chicken, buttermilk, lemon and salt in a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Place …
BUTTERMILK-FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE BY TASTY
Preparation. Make the buttermilk marinade: In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Toss in the chicken thighs in the marinade to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator, or overnight. Make the dill …
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH CILANTRO JALAPEñO ...
2016-09-17 · To make the coleslaw, mix the coleslaw buttermilk, sugar, mayonnaise, rice vinegar together in a medium bowl. Then mix in the coleslaw mix, chopped jalapenos and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until ready to use. Place chicken …
- Mix the buttermilk brine ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the chicken breast to the brine. Cover the bowl. Refrigerate up to four hours. (I usually just let my chicken brine overnight because I get a little lazy or maybe too busy to follow back up.)
- When ready to cook the chicken breast, Pour cooking oil into a deep fryer. Use the amount of grease per the manufacturer guide. Heat the oil until it reaches 325 to 350 degrees.
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2019-09-04 · How to Make a Crispy Chicken Sandwich. The best recipes are made right at home including our version of a crispy chicken sandwich! With a simple brine, and the triple dipped coating featuring Argo cornstarch, achieving the crispiest chicken is so simple to do! 1. Brine chicken …
- Pound chicken to ½" - ¾" thick (just to make sure it's even). Combine all brine ingredients in a large bowl until sugar/salt are dissolved. Add chicken, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine flour, corn starch, baking powder and seasonings in a bowl. Remove ¾ cup of this flour mixture and place in a shallow pan (this is the dry dredge).
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
2019-11-01 · Whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce, pour over chicken. Seal bag and chill for 4 hours or overnight to marinate. To fry: In a large dutch oven heat oil to 350°F. Have nearby a baking pan fitted with an oven safe rack. Remove chicken …
- Place chicken breasts between 2 large sheets of plastic wrap. Pound thickest side with the flat side of a meat mallet just until chicken is uniform in thickness, not too thin.
- Place chicken into a large plastic storage bag or a shallow storage container. Whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce, pour over chicken. Seal bag and chill for 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- To fry: In a large dutch oven heat oil to 350°F. Have nearby a baking pan fitted with an oven safe rack.
- Remove chicken pieces from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Discard marinade. Season the chicken pieces lightly with salt. (eyeball amount, keep it light)
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH CREAMY COLESLAW - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
2019-01-05 · Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and crisp and cooked through. Flip half-way through cooking to allow both sides to brown. Remove the chicken from the oil and allow to drain before assembling the sandwich. In the meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the coleslaw …
- Combine all the buttermilk marinade ingredients in a large bowl then add the chicken breasts. Allow to marinade for at least 2 hours but up to 24 hours, refrigerated.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade then dredge in the flour, making sure to get the flour packed onto the chicken.
- Heat oil in a deep pot. Shake off the excess flour then carefully add the chicken to the hot oil. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and crisp and cooked through. Flip half-way through cooking to allow both sides to brown.
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH TANGY COLESLAW AND SPICY MAYO
2021-03-03 · Add the scallions and green and red cabbage and toss to coat. Set aside, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours in advance. For the spicy mayo: Whisk together the mayonnaise …
- For the tangy slaw: Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, celery salt and pepper in a small bowl until combined. Stir in the mayo until incorporated. Add the scallions and green and red cabbage and toss to coat. Set aside, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours in advance.
- For the spicy mayo: Whisk together the mayonnaise and hot sauce in a small bowl. Taste and add more hot sauce depending on how spicy you like it. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
- For the fried chicken: Mix the yogurt, 1 teaspoon of the paprika, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl. Add the chicken cutlets and coat evenly. Let the chicken sit in the marinade for about 15 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours refrigerated.
- Once the chicken has marinated, pour about 2 inches of oil in a deep 10-inch cast-iron skillet and place over medium-high until it registers 350 degrees F on a deep-fry thermometer. Line a sheet pan with paper towels.
CRISPY CHICKEN BURGER WITH HONEY MUSTARD COLESLAW - NICKY ...
2019-08-31 · Place on a tray in the oven to keep warm whilst you cook the rest of the chicken. Make the coleslaw by using a mandoline to julienne the cabbage and carrot (or you can slice thinly by hand). Place in a bowl with the mayonnaise…
- Place the chicken in a bowl. Add the buttermilk, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Mix together, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 1 hour (up to over night)
- Preheat the oven to a low heat (to keep cooked chicken warm). Heat a large pan of vegetable oil (or preheat your deep fat fryer) until hot (you can test by dropping a small cube of bread in there, if it rises immediately to the top and starts to bubble rapidly, it’s hot enough). You’ll need at least 1 litre (4 cups) of oil - but make sure your pan is no more than one third full.
- Mix together the crispy coating ingredients in a small bowl. Take the chicken out of the fridge. Lift a piece from the buttermilk and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the crispy coating mixture – ensuring it’s fully covered. Place on a tray and repeat until all of the chicken is coated.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add in 5 or 6 of the chicken tenders. You can add more or less depending on the size of your pan, just be sure not to overcrowd the chicken. Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown and cooked in the middle. You can check this by cutting open a piece of chicken, if it’s no longer pink in the middle, it’s cooked.
NASHVILLE-STYLE HOT CHICKEN SANDWICH RECIPE | LITTLE SUNNY ...
2021-02-21 · Assembling The Chicken Sandwich. Now the fun part! Assembling this epic chicken sandwich Start by lightly buttering and toasting the cut sides of your buns in a pan. Then to assemble, spread mayo or spicy mayo over the brioche bun, place a piece of the fried hot chicken, top with coleslaw…
- Brine the chicken if time allows it. Slice the chicken into cutlets, and place in a glass bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and bread it. In a shallow bowl, mix the all-purpose flour with salt and pepper. And in a second bowl, whisk the buttermilk with hot sauce.
- Take about a tablespoon of the buttermilk mixture and place it in the flour, then using your hands rub the flour to create little crumbles.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and shake off any excess, then dip in buttermilk, and back into the flour. Shake off any excess flour.
SPICY CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH - THE SEASONED SKILLET
2020-07-07 · Fry the chicken breasts in batches, do not overcrowd the pot. once golden brown with an internal temp of 160 degree Fahrenheit (the temp will climb to about 165 after removing), remove and place on wire cooling rack. In a medium bowl, combine coleslaw ingredients (cabbage, carrots, and kale) and set aside. In a small bowl combine spicy mayo ...
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH (POPEYES' COPYCAT) | SWEET TEA AND ...
2019-12-03 · In a clean metal, glass, or ceramic bowl, drop in egg yolks and garlic. Whisk well for about one minute, to ensure the thickening agents in the yolk are activated. Put olive oil in a small bowl, and use a spoon (or a tablespoon measuring spoon) to allow a couple of drops to fall into the egg yolks, then whisk in well.
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES WITH SLAW AND SPICY MAYO - PINTEREST
Fried Chicken Sandwiches with Slaw and Spicy Mayo. 116 · Slaw doesn't go next to this awesome fried chicken sandwich; it goes on the sandwich, along with a healthy dose of spicy mayo. Recipe by Bon Appetit Magazine. 4.7k. 16 ingredients. Meat. 2 8-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, skinless boneless. Produce. 4 cups Cabbage. 1 Garlic clove. 1 Jalapeno. 1/2 …
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH AND JICAMA SLAW - LOVE OF FOOD
2015-08-21 · Discard any remaining marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through, turning occasionally. Toast rolls, if desired. Sandwich Build: Spread Chipotle Mayonnaise on heel of each roll. Top each with grilled chicken breast, 1 cheese slice, 2 slices of bacon, Jalapeño Jicama Slaw and 2 tomato slices.
FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES - DAMN DELICIOUS
2021-07-06 · In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pickle juice and Sriracha. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken and buttermilk mixture; marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons salt and 2 teaspoons pepper.
SPICY BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICH - BROWN SUGAR FOOD ...
2019-07-17 · In a medium bowl, add the coleslaw, mayo, honey, and vinegar. Toss together and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can toast the buns on the stove and add about 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat. Once melted add the buns, inside down, and toast for about 1 minute. Layer the sandwich with fried chicken, pickles, and coleslaw.
CHICKEN CUTLET SANDWICH WITH HERB MAYONNAISE RECIPES
2021-06-16 · Fried Chicken Cutlet Sandwich with Buttermilk Slaw and Herbed Mayo Epicurious. cornstarch, chopped fresh herbs, Hungarian sweet paprika, green cabbage and 21 more. Nashed-up Chicken Cutlet Sandwich Lady and Pups. salt and ground black pepper, salt, large egg, sugar, garlic. Directions Toss onion with vinegar and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper; let sit. Cut chicken …
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | BUTTERMILK HERB MAYO | RECIPES
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives. ¹⁄8 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, scallions, parsley, chives, thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
ULTIMATE CONSHOHOCKEN CHICKEN SANDWICH CONTEST | AUGUST 9 ...
2021-08-09 · Buttermilk fried chicken with bib lettuce, tomato, herbed mayo, and pickles on brioche bread. Baggataway Tavern Nashville Chicken Sammy . Spicy breaded chicken with house slaw, maple syrup, and pickles between homemade corn waffles. Comes with fries. Bar Lucca Garlic Knot Chicken Parm Sliders. Two handmade garlic knots, fried chicken, asiago, chili mayo…
ULTIMATE CONSHOHOCKEN CHICKEN SANDWICH CONTEST | AUGUST 9 ...
2021-08-11 · Buttermilk fried chicken with bib lettuce, tomato, herbed mayo, and pickles on brioche bread. Baggataway Tavern Nashville Chicken Sammy. Spicy breaded chicken with house slaw, maple syrup, and pickles between homemade corn waffles. Comes with fries. Bar Lucca Garlic Knot Chicken Parm Sliders. Two handmade garlic knots, fried chicken, asiago, chili mayo…
SPICY CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH BUTTERMILK SLAW ...
2021-06-08 · Combine Elijah's Xtreme Ghost Pepper Sauce, buttermilk, and 2 tsp salt into a medium bowl. Add chicken, cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Combine mayo, basil and chives in a small bowl. Cover and chill in fridge until ready to use. Place cornstarch in a shallow dish. Mix flour, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper and 1 1/2 ...
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES | RECIPES
Repeat with the remaining chicken. Sprinkle all the chicken with salt and keep warm for up to 15 minutes, until ready to serve. To assemble, place the bottom of each bun on a plate, spread with some of the Buttermilk Herb Mayo, then a lettuce leaf, 4 pickle slices, then a piece of chicken. Spread the underside of the top bun generously with ...
18 OF THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN SANDWICHES IN TORONTO ...
CRISPY BOYS CHICKEN SHACK - W BROADWAY DELIVERY: ORDER ...
Herb-marinated grilled chicken breast and crispy bacon topped with lettuce, tomato and basil mayo. Combo Meals. BBQ Ranch Chicken Sandwich Combo Meal $14.85. Crispy buttermilk chicken thigh topped with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, creamy slaw, pickles, cheddar cheese and our house made ranch. Served with a side of French Fries and your choice of beverage. Sweet Lover Boy Chicken Sandwich …