The secret to this take on salad lyonnaise is very fresh eggs. If the slab bacon you're using is particularly lean, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet when cooking.
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Tear frisée into bite-size pieces and put in a large bowl. If using slab bacon, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut bacon slices crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick sticks (lardons).
- In a heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and remove skillet from heat.
- Have ready another skillet with 1 inch warm water. Half-fill a 4-quart saucepan with water and stir in white vinegar. Bring liquid to a bare simmer. Break each egg into a teacup. Slide 1 egg into simmering liquid and immediately push white around yolk with a slotted spoon, moving egg gently. (Egg will become oval, with yolk completely covered by white.) Add remaining 3 eggs in same manner. Simmer eggs about 1 1/2 minutes for runny yolks to about 3 minutes for firm yolks. (Serving this salad with runny-not fully cooked-yolks may be of concern if there is a problem with salmonella in your area.) Immediately transfer eggs to skillet of warm water.
- Reheat bacon in its skillet over moderate heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add red-wine vinegar and boil 5 seconds. Immediately pour hot dressing over frisée and toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and top with drained poached eggs. Season eggs with salt and pepper and serve salad immediately.
Similar recipes "fris��e salad with lardons and poached eggs food"
These are the easiest quesadillas I have found to make. They are great when you don't feel like messing with chicken but are still in the mood for some mexican. You can throw in just about anything you...
Provided by mindex
My husband won't eat beans but LOVES chili, so I had to come up with this variation on an old favorite. Instead, it contains lots of canned tomatoes and onion. This is great served over rice with some...
Provided by GINAGINA
This is my favorite chicken recipe, which I learned while doing low-carb dieting. I prefer dark meat so I'll use 4 legs and thighs. You can do this recipe with pork chops as well.
Provided by Jim Richard
This is a great side dish for the holidays, with the added benefit of kale! Surprisingly tasty. Serve hot or cold.
Provided by Danielle Walquist Lynch
Make and share this Canned Green Beans That Don't Taste Like Canned Green Beans! recipe from Food.com.
Provided by alisonhurysz
You will never want to eat frozen veggie burgers again. These are so easy, and you'll be proud to have created such a vegetarian delight.
Provided by LAURENMU
This is Zach Braff's (of Scrubs) favorite salad from The Mermaid Oyster Bar in New York City. Recipe was in Food Network Magazine June 2010. I think some grilled shrimp would be DIVINE on top of this salad!!!...
Provided by januarybride
Squash casserole that is wonderful! Great side dish for any meal.
Provided by Gaye
I am so addicted to McDonald's Caramel Frappe but I'm spending way to much daily to have my fix. My best friend Brandy gave me her version & it taste so good.
Provided by OlanchoBoundGringa
Make and share this Dark Chocolate Semifreddo recipe from Food.com.
Provided by sheepdoc