- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to potatoes. Add cream and remaining 1/4 cup butter; mash coarsely. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Similar recipes "garlic mashed potatoes"
Provided by Ina Garten
I was always wanting the Garlic mashed potatoes I ate in restaurants to have more garlic. My mom has always used evaporated milk and everyone really loves her mashed potatoes. I decided to use her technique...
Provided by An Dracon
This mash owes its luxurious texture to the natural creaminess of Yukon gold potatoes and a touch of olive oil. At first glance 4 cloves of garlic may seem like a lot, but the garlic mellows as it steams...
Provided by Ellie Krieger
More recipes about "garlic mashed potatoes"
GARLIC MASHED RED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2012-06-20 · Place potatoes and garlic in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the …
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | THE NEELYS | FOOD ...
2015-05-24 · Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle head with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake …
- Slice off the very top of the garlic head. Drizzle head with olive oil and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet tray and bake until tender and fragrant, roughly 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the cloves and mash with a wooden spoon.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and cover with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender and drain. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat butter and cream until butter melts. Add the roasted garlic and potatoes and mash all together.
ROASTED GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2020-02-14 · Advertisement. Step 2. Drizzle garlic with olive oil, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Step 3. Bring a large pot of …
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop. Stir in butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Remove the garlic from the oven, and cut in half. Squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes. Blend potatoes with an electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
2011-03-08 · Peel potatoes and quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick. In a 5-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic cloves; cover with water …
- Peel potatoes and quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick. In a 5-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic cloves; cover with water (about 8 cups) by 1 inch. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain; return garlic and potatoes to pan. Stir over medium-high heat until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; pour over potatoes. Add butter and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mash until smooth and creamy.
CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | …
2015-05-20 · Deselect All. 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes. 2 tablespoons kosher salt. 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half. 6 cloves garlic, crushed. 6 ounces …
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size. Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine. Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.
SIMPLE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2016-02-13 · Place potatoes and garlic into a large saucepan full of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and boil for about 10-12 …
- Place potatoes and garlic into a large saucepan full of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and boil for about 10-12 minutes. Check potatoes for doneness by poking a few wedges with a fork or skewer--if still firm, cook another minute or two and check again. Repeat until tender. Drain, taking care not to lose garlic cloves. Return potatoes to warm pot.
- Mash potatoes. Do not overwork, or potatoes will be tough (it's okay if there's a few lumps--it just means these are real potatoes, not from a box). Make sure to smash up the garlic, or pull out the cloves and squeeze in a garlic press.
- Add some butter, to taste (I usually use 2-3 T), and salt and pepper, also to taste. Mix until butter has melted.
- Add a little hot milk and beat it into the potatoes. Continue until potatoes are desired creaminess (the amount I use varies, but I usually use between 1/4 and 1/2 cup, give or take a bit).
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | GARLIC MASHED POTATOES | RECIPES
Process the potatoes and garlic through a food mill fitted with the medium disc. Add the reserved olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, the pepper, cream, and 3/4 cup …
- In a small saucepan, bring the garlic and oil to a boil, then turn the heat to low and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned. Turn off the heat and set aside. The garlic will continue to cook in the oil.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the water, reserving the cooking water, and remove the garlic from the oil, reserving the oil.
- Process the potatoes and garlic through a food mill fitted with the medium disc. Add the reserved olive oil, 2 teaspoons of salt, the pepper, cream, and 3/4 cup of the cooking water to the potatoes and mix with a wooden spoon. Add more cooking water, if necessary, until the potatoes are creamy but still firm. Season to taste and serve hot.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - SIMPLY RECIPES
2010-11-05 · Bake at 400°F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft to the touch and are beginning to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. While …
EASY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - FOOD DUCHESS
2019-02-18 · Garlic mashed potatoes, to me anyways, is the bees knees, only topped by mashed potatoes smothered in delicious thanksgiving turkey gravy. The only problem, …
- Place potato pieces and garlic cloves into a large pot, and cover with enough water so that the water is 1 inch over the potatoes. Add enough salt to the water so that the water is similar to seawater. Place over medium-high heat and cook until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes with a colander, and using a potato ricer, rice the potatoes and garlic back into the empty pot. Add butter, cream, and cream cheese to the pot, and mix well until completely combined (using a hand-mixer makes very easy work of this!). Season with salt and pepper, and serve!
- (Optional) If you do not have a potato ricer, pull the cooked whole garlic cloves out before mashing, and either use a garlic press to crush them into the mashed potatoes, or add the cloves to the cream and blend in a blender or food processor.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2011-01-31 · DIRECTIONS. Peel and chunk the potatoes. Add the whole cloves of garlic and cover with water. Bring to boiling and cook until fork-tender. Drain the water from the …
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2010-11-11 · Place potatoes, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 …
STEAKHOUSE STYLE GARLIC MASHED POTATOES ...
2018-10-10 · Place the potatoes chunks and garlic cloves into the boiling chicken broth and boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Strain the potatoes from the broth and put the …
- Meanwhile, cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1 inch cubes or chunks. Place the potatoes chunks and garlic cloves into the boiling chicken broth and boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add in the butter, cream cheese, buttermilk, and salt. Use a masher to mash the potatoes and other ingredients until everything is melted, combined, and completely mashed.
THE BEST BUTTERY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
2019-10-10 · This mashed potatoes recipe is bursting with that amazing roasted garlic flavor and it’s the ultimate easy-to-make comfort food! Whether it’s a simple side for a weeknight …
- Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a lower heat until the potatoes are just simmering, a low rolling boil. Keeping it at this lower boil will help prevent them from boiling over.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water in a colander. Let them sit there draining.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - MARCUS SAMUELSSON | FOOD ...
2013-12-07 · Combine the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic and thyme in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 …
- Combine the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic and thyme in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl and mash with a fork, adding the nutmeg, olive oil, butter and Parmesan. Add about half of the reserved cooking liquid, mixing well, then add additional cooking liquid if necessary until the potatoes are the consistency you like. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | THE BEST HOMEMADE MASHED ...
2021-09-02 · Let Garlic Cool and Boil Water: Once garlic is soft, remove from oven and let cool. In the meantime, bring a large stock pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the Potatoes: Add potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes, until fork tender. Drain potatoes and return to the stove over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
GARLIC MASHED POTATO WITH OLIVE OIL RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Ingredients For the basic recipe. 900g/2lb potatoes (Désirée or King Edward) 50g/2oz butter; For the garlic-infused olive oil. 3 fat garlic cloves, halved lengthways; 8 tbsp best quality extra ...
EASY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
2019-03-06 · Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until a knife inserted into the flesh meets no resistance, about 25 minutes. Drain. While the potatoes boil, combine the milk, butter, and garlic in a small saucepan and heat until the …
GARLIC-AND-HERB MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
2021-11-27 · Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add 12 cups water; bring to a boil over high. Add salt, and reduce heat to medium; simmer until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain ...
BEST GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GARLIC ...
2011-09-29 · JULIA’S GENIUS GARLIC MASHED POTATOES X1 /// X2 1 ½ lb /// 3 lb Potatoes, Yukon Gold are best, skin on, rinsed 1 /// 2 Heads Garlic (about 2 ou. @) 1-2 T. /// 2-4 T Unsalted Butter 1 T /// 2 T Flour ½ C /// 1 C Light Cream Lots of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste Quarter potatoes. Steam or boil potatoes with a little bit ...
GORDON RAMSAY'S GARLIC MASHED POTATOES - THEFOODXP
2021-09-08 · To make Gordon Ramsay’s mashed potatoes, boil potatoes for half an hour and set them aside. Then, melt butter in a pan and cook garlic in it. Add milk to the pan and stir for a minute. After that, add the warmed milk, chives, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and mash them until smooth. This was a brief summary of the recipe.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
MASHED POTATOES WITH GARLIC CONFIT | FOOD & STYLE
2012-12-10 · 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk. 1/2 cup garlic confit cloves – coarsely mashed with a fork. 1 teaspoon sea salt. freshly ground black pepper to taste. Step 1: Place the salt and potatoes in a large heavy-bottomed pot and fill with enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2″. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2000-04-14 · Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and place in a large bowl. Advertisement. Step 2. Combine potatoes with milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with an electric mixer or potato masher to your desired consistency.
CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
2017-06-23 · Drain the potatoes well and place into a mixing bowl. Using a mixer, starting slowly at first, whip the potatoes while gradually increasing speed. Slowly drizzling in the whipping cream and add the minced garlic. Add the softened butter and continue beating the potatoes until they are 'whipped' and fluffy.