This is best done on a large gas grill fitted with a thermometer - it's more labor-intensive to keep a charcoal grill at a constant high heat. You'll need a disposable roasting pan large enough to fit the turkey on a V-rack.
Provided by Kemp Minifie
Yield Makes 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
Similar recipes "grilled whole turkey food"
This recipe was given to me by my dads wonderful doctor and it is as good as he is. Wonderful when the you have so many tomatoes you don't know what to do!
Provided by Robyn
Here's what you need: cold water, japanese agar agar powder, ultra-fine baker's sugar, golden brown sugar, water, soybean flour
Provided by Alix Traeger
Provided by Taste of Home
Use the leftovers, if there are any, for filling summer vegetables, such as tomatoes, peppers, and squash. Add a little crumbled queso fresco or feta to the top and bake. Adapted from Deborah Madison's...
Provided by Sharon123
Here's a homemade recipe that I've grown up loving in the comfort of my home: baked curry triangles. My mom would bake these delicious goods for the family, and we'd enjoy them with happiness.
Provided by BananaBake
Lemon balm gives this pesto a fun kick.
Provided by julie
Provided by Food Network
This is a typical Ecuadorian soup that is quite delicious. Yucca is also known as manioc or cassava. It is sold in the freezer section of markets that sell latin food products. You can use frozen whole...
Provided by Pesto lover
More recipes about "grilled whole turkey food"
GRILLED WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
1999-10-12 · Step 3. In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika. Step 4. Place …
- Place turkey breast side down on the prepared grill. Sear turkey on both sides until skin is golden to dark brown.
- In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika.
- Place turkey breast side down in the roasting pan. Scoop the pan mixture over the turkey. Cover tightly with foil and place on grill.
GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2000-05-22 · Step 1. In a pot style grill, fill the bottom with a 5 pound bag of charcoals. Light the charcoal, and when ready, spread to cover the bottom of grill. …
- In a pot style grill, fill the bottom with a 5 pound bag of charcoals. Light the charcoal, and when ready, spread to cover the bottom of grill.
- Place the turkey in a deep aluminum roasting pan. Place the pan on the grill's grate. Pour wine over the turkey. Cover the top of the turkey with foil.
- Cover the grill with the lid and open the vents. Grill the turkey for 60 to 90 minutes, or until meat is to your liking. Baste frequently. You might need to add water to the pan if the wine evaporates.
GRILLED TURKEY - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Tuck the wings under the back. Place turkey, breast side up, on roasting rack in large disposable …
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Tuck the wings under the back. Place turkey, breast side up, on roasting rack in large disposable aluminum foil pan.
- Rub outside of turkey with dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with herbs. Place pan on grate of grill. Add water to pan, then close the lid of the grill.
- Grill turkey 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 180°F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh and 170°F when inserted in the thickest part of the breast, adding additional water to the pan as needed to prevent the drippings from burning and to have enough liquid remaining in the pan after turkey is cooked for use in making gravy. Remove turkey from grill; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, use pan drippings to make gravy, if desired.
RECIPE: GRILLED TURKEY WITH SIMPLE GRAVY | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
2014-08-19 · Prepare a grill for high heat cooking, allowing grill temperature to reach 500F. Pat turkey dry inside and out with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine salt, …
- Loosen skin over turkey breast meat with your fingers and work a little of the salt mixture under the skin and over the meat, smooth skin back in place.
EASY GRILLED WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE - STREETSMART KITCHEN
2015-11-11 · Place turkey on a big plate. Combine all spices and herbs in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture over the turkey as well as under the skin. Cover turkey …
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from turkey. Trim excess fat and rinse the turkey with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Gently separate skin from the breast and drumsticks by inserting your fingers and slowing pushing between the skin and the meat. Be careful not to break the skin. Place turkey on a big plate.
- Combine all spices and herbs in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture over the turkey as well as under the skin. Cover turkey loosely with foil; refrigerate overnight.
THE GREATEST GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
1998-11-18 · Step 2. Rinse turkey and pat dry. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to tucked position. Brush turkey with oil. Season inside and out …
- Rinse turkey and pat dry. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to tucked position. Brush turkey with oil. Season inside and out with Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a metal grate inside a large roasting pan. Arrange pan on the prepared grill. Grill 2 to 3 hours, to an internal thigh temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY | FOOD NETWORK
2015-05-30 · Rinse well under cold water and pat dry to remove the salt. Prepare a charcoal grill for indirect grilling. The temperature inside the grill should be 350 …
- Dissolve the salt and sugar in 2 gallons cold water in a large (at least 16 quart) stockpot or a clean bucket. (You can also add fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme or bay leaf, or aromatics like onions and garlic.) Add the turkey, cover and refrigerate, or set in a very cold place (that stays somewhere between 32 to 40 degrees F) for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine 1 hour before grilling. Rinse well under cold water and pat dry to remove the salt.
- Place the turkey on the grill, cover and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 175 degrees F, 2 hours 15 minutes to 2 1/2 hours. Let the turkey rest 1 hour before carving.
GRILLED WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE - GRILLSEEKER
2019-11-08 · Step 3: Place turkey on a wire cooling rack turkey breast side up, and pat dry. Be sure to tuck in or remove any excess neck skin left on the bird, and tuck the …
- Light your gas grill and set up for indirect heat of 180°F. Place your smoke tube over direct heat and allow pellets to start smoking.
HOW TO SMOKE A TURKEY ON A GRILL | SMOKED WHOLE TURKEY ...
2015-11-06 · Place the turkey in a roasting pan fitted with a rack. Brush the entire turkey with the oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place the turkey in the grill or …
- Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal grill or smoker for indirect heat, at approximately 275 degrees F. Sprinkle in wood chips (such as hickory, apple or pecan wood) that have soaked in cold water for at least 4 hours and up to 48 hours, and allow them to char before cooking.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan fitted with a rack. Brush the entire turkey with the oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
Wash the outside and cavity of the turkey. Pat dry. Rub the outside of bird with olive oil. Season the inside with salt, pepper, and choice of herbs. If the turkey is to be placed …
BEST WHOLE GRILLED TURKEY - CANADIAN TURKEY BBQ BOOTCAMP ...
2019-06-25 · Dry turkey, inside and out, with paper towels. Season the turkey with oil, salt and pepper, inside and out. Stuff the cavity with lemon pieces. Pre-heat BBQ to 350°F (175°C). BBQ, with indirect …
- BBQ, with indirect heat, for 15 minutes per pound, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 180°F (82°C). Ensure you use a meat thermometer to check for doneness as cooking times can vary significantly with individual BBQ’s.
HOW TO EASILY GRILL A WHOLE TURKEY - BEAUTY AND THE FOODIE
2014-11-12 · Place roasting pan with the turkey in it on the barbeque grill and close the lid of the grill. Check to see if pan needs more broth or water, a couple times through cooking cycle. Add more broth …
- Rinse and pat dry turkey. Brush oil or butter all over turkey. Rub sea salt and optional poultry seasoning all over oiled or buttered turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate uncooked turkey overnight (you could skip this step & go right to grilling, but it is even better when you do this step)
- Preheat gas outdoor grill on high for 12 minutes with lid closed, or prepare regular grill for indirect heat.
- Turn down gas grill to medium low or medium. Make sure turkey neck skin is tucked under and wings and legs are tucked in. Place turkey, breast side up, on the rack inside roasting pan, and pour the chicken or turkey broth into the bottom of the pan.
MAPLE-GLAZED TURKEY RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2018-10-30 · Insert a meat thermometer near the center of the roast. For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place the turkey roast …
- Combine garlic, marjoram, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. For glaze, stir together the orange juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan; add half of the seasoning mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in maple syrup and orange peel; set aside.
- Brush the turkey roast with melted butter and rub with remaining seasoning mixture. Insert a meat thermometer near the center of the roast.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place the turkey roast directly on the grill rack over the pan. Cover; grill for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Add coals to maintain heat every 30 minutes. Brush with glaze the last 30 minutes of grilling. Remove meat from grill. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before carving. (The meats temperature will rise 5 degrees during standing.) Bring any remaining glaze to boiling; pass with turkey. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
BRINED, HERB GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2013-12-01 · Season lightly inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff the turkey with the onion, remaining orange, celery, carrot, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, sage and parsley. Loosely tie the …
- To make the brining solution, dissolve the salt and sugar in 3 gallons of cold water in a large clean, heavy-duty, food grade plastic storage bag. Add the oranges, lemons, thyme, and rosemary.
- Rinse the turkey inside and out under cold running water. Soak the turkey in the brine, covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and rinse well under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels inside and out.
- Place turkey, breast side up, in a large, foil roasting pan with a rack. Rub breast side with orange segments and rub on all sides with the butter, stuffing some underneath the skin.
RECIPE: GRILLED TURKEY BURGERS WITH MANCHEGO | WHOLE FOODS ...
2020-03-31 · Method. Prepare a grill for medium-heat cooking. In a large bowl combine turkey, bread crumbs, grated onion, pesto and salt. Gently mix together until just combined. Divide the mixture into …
- In a large bowl combine turkey, bread crumbs, grated onion, pesto and salt. Gently mix together until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions — the mixture will be quite moist — and press into ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Grill burgers and peppers on an oiled rack until browned on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip and grill on the other side, about 4 minutes.
HOW TO GRILL A TURKEY TO PERFECTION ON YOUR GAS GRILL
2012-09-17 · I Googled “How long to bake a turkey in a gas grill” and your site came up. My choice was 4 hours in my gas oven or 2 1/2 on my grill. Fortunately I have a Redi Check thermometer. I was able to read in the house on the receiver the gas grill temp and the food temp. I placed the turkey on a rack on top of a roasting pan on the grill grates ...
HOW TO GRILL A WHOLE PERFECT TURKEY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2010-11-16 · Put the turkey as low on the grill as possible the lid of t grill MUST close completely. Start the turkey on a temperature around 500 degrees. Lower the heat to medium or medium high after 30 minutes. You will want to keep the turkey on a temperature that the marinade stays at a Slow Boil. Baste the turkey regularly, keep the skin moist.
HOW TO COOK A TURKEY ON YOUR GAS GRILL | BURNING QUESTIONS ...
Put a drip pan on the flavorizer bars with 2-3 liters of water under where the turkey will go. If you plan on using the drippings in a gravy then only use 1 liter of water. Set-up the grill for indirect heat, meaning that the turkey will not be directly over a lit burner. Preheat your grill for 10 …
SMOKED WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | …
2021-09-28 · Pat the turkey dry. Put 2 tablespoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper, the sugar, paprika, rosemary and orange zest in a food processor and pulse until combined.
THE BEST GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE – THANKSGIVING ON THE GRILL ...
2020-11-20 · Place the turkey in a roasting pan, breast-side up. Fill the cavity with 1 halved onion, 1 lemon, the garlic bulb, and a bunch of fresh herbs. Tie the legs loosely together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wings under the turkey. Rub the turkey all over with the …
SPATCHCOCKED GRILLED TURKEY RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
SMOKE YOUR TURKEY THE 'WRONG WAY' ON A CHARCOAL GRILL
2021-11-12 · Place the water, salt, sugar, garlic, and bay leaf in a large sauce pan, bring it to a boil, and stir to dissolve the solutes. Let cool completely, then add the buttermilk to the brine. Place the ...
HOW TO GRILL A TURKEY PERFECTLY FOR THANKSGIVING
2021-11-19 · Remove the turkey from the oven bags and discard the marinade. Pat the bird as dry as possible and tuck the wings under the turkey to help it cook evenly. When the …
WHOLE TURKEY RECIPES - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Keep it classic with a traditional turkey recipe, or serve our Dijon Roasted Turkey Recipe for something brand new. Enjoy turkey flavored with herbs like sage and rosemary. Plus find recipes with sweet and tangy glazes you'll love. Explore our whole turkey recipes today!
HOW TO GRILL A TURKEY | BUTTERBALL®
Brush or spray entire turkey with cooking or vegetable oil. Place turkey, breast up, on cooking grate over drip pan. Cover grill, leaving vents open. Add 6 to 8 briquettes to each side every 45 to 60 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, cook turkey to internal temperature of 180° F in thigh and 170° F in breast.
HOW TO GRILL A THANKSGIVING TURKEY - SERIOUS EATS
2018-08-10 · First, use a light flavored smoking wood. These are usually the fruit woods, and apple or cherry make an excellent choice. Second, show restraint. On a pork butt or brisket I might throw a few large chunks of wood onto a pile of coals, but with turkey I opt for a …