- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; mash butter, garlic, basil, and thyme into the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth.
Similar recipes "quick and easy mashed sweet potatoes"
Make and share this Mixed Greens Salad With Grilled Halloumi and Anaheim Chilis recipe from Food.com.
Provided by COOKGIRl
I don't have access to fresh gooseberries, so I rely on Oregon Fruit Products Co for its canned berries! The original of this recipe was found on their website, www.oregonfruits.com! Preparation time does...
Provided by Sydney Mike
I made this using what fresh vegetables I had on hand. Feel free to add in your favorite veggies! Use what herbs you have on hand and enjoy!
Provided by Sharon123
Make and share this Almond Bear Claws recipe from Food.com.
Provided by AZPARZYCH
A coworker brought these to a potluck and they were inhaled. I misplaced the recipe for a while and found it again today. Before I lose it again I'm going to post it. I haven't made them myself yet so...
Provided by Dreamer in Ontario
What a classic! Faye's no-bake cheesecake is both delicious AND fun. The lemon filling is poured over the tastiest vanilla wafer crust. Then, it's decorated with bright, beautiful berries. Sweet and creamy,...
Provided by Faye Patterson
I've had friends say that they can't tell the difference between this and a real margarita! I made up this recipe myself one day when I was preparing for camping at a music festival. I needed lots of booze,...
Provided by Meguin
Pollock topped with onion, green pepper, tomato slices, and cheddar cheese. Serve with starch and vegetable of your choice (I use rice and asparagus spears).
Provided by Joseph Brojakowski
The Palouse area of northern Idaho and eastern Washington is known as the "Dried Pea and Lentil Capital of the World". I serve this as a main dish, or as a side dish for picnics and barbecues. I've used...
Provided by Taste of Home
This very easy and once the chicken gizzards are boiled, this dish is very fast.
Provided by SANDREL
More recipes about "quick and easy mashed sweet potatoes"
MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
2016-11-16 · Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce the sweet potatoes 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake in a roasting pan for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce the sweet potatoes 2 or 3 times with a fork. Bake in a roasting pan for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender. Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise. Hold the sweet potatoes with a potholder or towel and scoop out the potato flesh into a food mill or ricer.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter, syrup, zest, and vinegar over medium heat. Remove from the heat and mash the sweet potatoes in the pan. Stir to combine evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES (ONE POT) | ONE POT RECIPES
2018-11-14 · Classic, homemade, quick and easy mashed sweet potatoes recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute side dish is rich, smooth, creamy. These super creamy mashed sweet potatoes are sweet …
- Cook on medium high heat until tender. You will know it's time to remove the pot from heat when potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, butter, honey, milk and whip everything with a hand mixer, while adding milk. Start with 1/4 cup milk and add more (1 tbsp at a time) until you have the desired consistency.
SIMPLE MASHED SWEET POTATOES | GET INSPIRED EVERYDAY!
2015-12-12 · Place the cut up potatoes into a large pot with the butter, sea salt, and cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to low heat. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are completely tender, 40-45 minutes, stirring 5-6 times throughout the cooking time. When the potatoes …
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks about 1″x1″ trying to keep them as even as possible so that they cook evenly.
- Place the cut up potatoes into a large pot with the butter, sea salt, and cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to low heat. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are completely tender, 40-45 minutes, stirring 5-6 times throughout the cooking time.
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - READY IN 15 MINUTES! - HUNGRY SIX
2019-09-17 · Pierce the potatoes 3-4 times with a fork. Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave using the "potato" button. If you do not have a potato button, microwave for 7 minutes, and then cook in 30 second increments as needed. Ensure the potatoes are fork tender and then remove from the microwave. Remove the skin from the potatoes …
- Wash your potatoes and pat dry. Pierce the potatoes 3-4 times with a fork. Place on a microwave safe plate and microwave using the "potato" button. If you do not have a potato button, microwave for 7 minutes, and then cook in 30 second increments as needed. Ensure the potatoes are fork tender and then remove from the microwave.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes and discard. Place the potatoes in a food processor or blender. Add the butter, milk and salt and puree until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
THE BEST MASHED SWEET POTATOES - JUST A TASTE
2019-11-10 · Transform spuds into the ultimate creamy side dish with a quick and easy recipe for The Best Mashed Sweet Potatoes. How to Make Mashed Sweet Potatoes . You’re only five ingredients away from the silkiest, smoothest sweet potatoes …
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large stockpot then cover them with water. Add 2 teaspoons salt then place the stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil then reduce it to a simmer and cook the sweet potatoes until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately add the cream cheese, chives, cinnamon, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix on low speed until the potatoes reach your desired texture.
GINGER SPICED MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE BY MADELINE BUIANO
2020-08-28 · Pierce each sweet potato twice with fork so excess steam can escape while cooking. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning over halfway through cooking. Let stand 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove skin from the sweet potatoes. Place sweet potatoes …
RECIPE FOR MASHED SWEET POTATOES - ANY REASON VEGANS
2019-12-03 · Start making recipe for mashed sweet potatoes by removing all the skin off the sweet potatoes. Then cut the sweet potatoes into chunks (about 1 inch by 1 inch is fine). Next combine the sweet potato chunks in a large cooking pot with 3 cups water. Bring it to a boil and allow to cook for approximately 20 minutes (until the sweet potatoes …
MASHED SWEET POTATOES WITH MAPLE ... - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
2012-10-21 · In this easy mashed sweet potatoes recipe, the naturally sweet flavor of the potatoes is enhanced with butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Sweet potatoes are amazing. And when cooked in the microwave, then mashed …
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork on all sides. Microwave on high until very tender and the flesh is easily pierced with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, milk, maple syrup, kosher salt, and ground cinnamon. Microwave to heat through, 50-60 seconds. Don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- On a cutting board, use your fingers to peel the cooked sweet potato. Roughly mash it with a fork right on the cutting board, then transfer the mash to the bowl with the butter mixture.
- Keep mixing and mashing with a fork (or with a hand masher) until the sweet potato mash is uniform and smooth, about 1 more minute. It won't be perfectly smooth unless you use a hand mixer or an immersion blender. But I like it a bit rustic. When done mixing, I do like to use a rubber spatula to smooth it out, as shown in the video below.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
2019-10-27 · While many recipes for mashed sweet potatoes (or ... It’s been awhile since I made mashed sweet potatoes, so I went searching for a quick and easy recipe. I made these last night- with the boiled potatoes…
- Add butter to the potatoes and mash with a hand masher. Add cream or milk a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES (EASY, SAVORY AND HEALTHY!) - RASA ...
2020-04-07 · Instructions. Put the sweet potatoes in a pot with 8 cups of cold water and 1 tablespoon of coarse salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until a knife slips in the sweet potatoes easily and cleanly, about 30 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes and peel the skin off. Mash the sweet potatoes …
- Put the sweet potatoes in a pot with 8 cups of cold water and 1 tablespoon of coarse salt. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until a knife slips in the sweet potatoes easily and cleanly, about 30 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes and peel the skin off.
- Mash the sweet potatoes using the back of a big spoon. You may also use a potato masher. If you want a silky smooth texture, transfer the mashed sweet potatoes to a food processor or electric mixer to process until it becomes a very fine and creamy texture.
- In a small sauce pan heat up the milk and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, transfer the mashed sweet potatoes to a Dutch oven. On medium-low heat, add the chilled butter cubes to the sweet potatoes and stir continuously for a smooth and creamy texture, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the hot milk, stirring briskly. Keep stirring until all the milk is absorbed. Turn off the heat and add salt and ground white pepper.
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
2019-10-17 · Cover, bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Cook time will depend on the size and quantity of your sweet potatoes. When a fork inserts easily into the sweet potatoes, transfer sweet potatoes …
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot, then insert a steamer basket. Add the sweet potato cubes to the steamer basket.
- Cover, bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Cook time will depend on the size and quantity of your sweet potatoes.
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - FOOLPROOF LIVING
2019-11-20 · This Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe is my favorite Thanksgiving side dish that I have been making over 10 years. Made with only 7 ingredients, it is a simple recipe that doesn’t require you to bake sweet potatoes in the oven. Rather, everything is cooked on the stove top and ready in about 40 minutes. Add this delicious yet simple mashed sweet potatoes …
- Place butter, heavy cream, sweet potatoes, salt and pepper in a medium-sized saucepan. Give it a stir. Drizzle with maple syrup and cover with a lid.
QUICK MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2005-12-06 · Cook sweet potatoes and liquid in medium size saucepan until heated through approximately 10 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add butter and half and half to pan. Beat or mash to …
- Cook sweet potatoes and liquid in medium size saucepan until heated through approximately 10 minutes.
CREAMY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - ERREN'S KITCHEN
2020-10-08 · Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes, then turn and roast for 15-20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender enough to mash. Add the butter and brown sugar to the potatoes and mash. Add cream a …
- Cut the sweet potatoes into evenly-sized chunks (about 2 inchs or so thick), and transfer them to a large stockpot full of cold water (and 1 tablespoon salt) filled so the water line sits about 1 inch above the potatoes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into evenly-sized chunks (about 2 inchs or so thick) Coat the cut potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour onto a sheet pan. Roast at 350°F for 30 minutes, then turn and roast for 15-20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender enough to mash. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to the potatoes and mash. Add cream a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency.
SAVOURY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - AHEAD OF THYME
2019-11-11 · Preparing holiday dinners is stressful enough, luckily savoury mashed sweet potatoes aren't. Just like regular mashed potatoes, this dish is quick, easy and can be prepared a day in …
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until tender and soft when you insert a fork, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the butter and stir until melted and incorporated into the sweet potatoes. Slowly add in the milk and continue to stir. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until fully combined.
GINGER MASHED SWEET POTATOES | COOKING ON THE WEEKENDS
2015-10-15 · Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes are super delicious and quick and easy to make. A perfect side dish for fall and lovely for Thanksgiving, they’re creamy, rich and packed with warm flavors. While I do love traditional mashed potatoes with gravy, I really love mashed sweet potatoes …
- Put a large steamer into a large pot with the water level just below it. Over high heat, bring the water to a boil and then add sweet potatoes to the rack. Turn the heat to low, cover, and steam until the sweet potatoes are very tender, about 15 minutes. (You can stick a fork into one of the pieces to see how tender they are -- it should easily slide right out when they're done.)
- Add the sweet potatoes -- along with the butter, ginger, brown sugar, and cinnamon -- to a large mixing bowl and use a very large fork or potato masher to mash them. They can be as smooth or as chunky as you'd like -- mine are mostly smooth with a few chunks. (This must be done while they're still hot, so that the butter melts in nicely.)
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - COOKIN' WITH MIMA
2020-11-09 · Parboil the potatoes – Place cubed sweet potatoes into a pot of boiling water until fork tender. Mash – Remove and drain all the water. Add in the remainder of the ingredients immediately and then mash to obtain a smooth and creamy texture. Garnish and serve – Transfer to a serving dish, flatten out the potatoes …
- Remove and drain all the water. Add in the remainder of the ingredients immediately and then mash to obtain a smooth and creamy texture.
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
2018-09-14 · Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Bring 1 or 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add sweet potatoes and steam until very soft, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Advertisement.
EASY-DOES-IT MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
2005-10-18 · To cook 5 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium) in the microwave, pierce sweet potatoes several times with tines of a fork. Place in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover with damp paper towels. Microwave at HIGH 15 minutes or until tender, turning every 5 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and mash sweet potatoes with a potato masher or a handheld mixer until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup …
EASY CREAMY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - INSPIRED TASTE
2020-03-04 · Simmering them on the stove is quick and easy. I add cubed, peeled sweet potatoes to a large pot and cover them with about an inch of water. I add a generous amount of salt as well as a bay leaf then bring the water to a simmer and cook until tender. The salt makes the potatoes taste incredible and the bay leaf adds a bit of extra flavor. Sometimes, I swap the bay leaf for a sprig or two of ...
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES - PETER'S FOOD ADVENTURES
2019-11-15 · Recipes » Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Published: Nov 15, 2019 · Modified: Oct 22, 2021. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Smooth, creamy and easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side dish for dinner, Thanksgiving or Christmas. Packed with flavor from fresh rosemary and garlic, quick, easy and healthy. This is a sweet potato recipe that everyone will …
MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2000-06-09 · Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Advertisement. Step 2. With an electric mixer on low, blend potatoes, slowly adding milk, about 1/2 a cup at a time. Use more or less to achieve desired texture. Add butter and maple syrup to taste. Blend until smooth.
MASHED SWEET POTATOES - AMANDA'S COOKIN' - VEGETABLES
2021-11-01 · Add to a pot with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cover for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the sweet potatoes of excess water and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, butter, salt, and pepper to the bowl and use a hand mixer to quickly mash the sweet potatoes.
QUICK AND EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPE
Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Quick and easy mashed sweet potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Quick and easy mashed sweet potatoes recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Good appetite! 80% One-pot mushroom and potato curry Crecipe.com The One-pot Mushroom and Potato curry recipe can be described as ...
10 BEST MASHED SWEET POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-10-28 · 45,479 suggested recipes. Mashed Sweet Potatoes Lolibox. pepper, saffron powder, sweet potato, salt, olive oil, heavy cream. Viennese Steak with Mashed Sweet Potatoes O Meu Tempero. sweet paprika, sirloin steaks, butter, butter, flour, sweet potatos and 6 more. Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows McCormick.