Based on a recipe from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook. I ended up with a surplus of bing cherries recently and found this recipe online. I did not have either cherry brandy or the Banyuls Rimage wine on hand, rather substituted an Oregon-distilled pear brandy (although a suitable red wine will work). Serving suggestions: over ice cream, custard/flan, pound or sponge cake, plain yogurt (Greek yogurt) or even a simple slice of mild goat cheese. For kicks, I threw in a few Rainier cherries to test how they would taste roasted. Five ingredients-very easy!
Provided by COOKGIRl
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Note from the website: 'The cherries are roasted whole but can be pitted before serving, which is recommended if you are feeding those too young or too old to deal with the pits. (Don't pit them beforehand, or you'll release too many juices.)' However, CG stresses and highly recommends not serving the dessert to children. Furthermore, I would treat this dessert as more appropriate for adults and serve *only* to adults to avoid any problems and an emergency visit to the dentist. I can't imagine having to pit these *after* they've roasted. My two cents.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place the whole cherries in a small roasting pan (I used an 8-inch cast iron skillet) sprinkle on the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place pan or skillet in the oven and roast until the cherries start to release their juices and the sugar melts and begins to caramelize. This will take about 10 minutes but watch the cherries very carefully, as the sugar may start to burn.
- Remove from the oven, pour the brandy over and return for another 5 minutes and roast until the juices start to bubble up.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Can be cooled completely and reheated gently on the stove top. (If you're removing the pits, do this before reheating.).
- Yield is estimated.
Similar recipes "roasted cherries food"
Make and share this My Version of Elvis' Party Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
Provided by ElaineAnn
"This recipe was given to me by my sister many years ago," notes Anna Sheppard of Franklin, North Carolina. "My husband loves sausage, and this hearty entree is easy to assemble, I fix it often."
Provided by Taste of Home
This pie uses egg substitute and nonfat evaporated milk, and may be baked in an oil-based crust. It tastes as great as the pumpkin pie Grandma used to make!
Provided by Shelly M
Make and share this Sun-Dried Tomato and Parsley Dip recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Lalaloula
From a British cooking site. My search for a good homemade recipe for english muffins ended with this one. Sure beats the heck out of the purchased ones.
Provided by Rita P
Provided by Melissa Roberts
Lamb's subtly sweet gaminess works perfectly with the funky goodness of gochujang chile paste. The salt and sugar content of the simple Korean marinade acts as a brine for the lamb, producing a juicy interior...
Provided by Chef John
Provided by Food Network
Fabulous apple muffins with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping! Give them a try -- you won't be sorry!
Provided by NMARIEA
This is Tex-Mex at its best. It's a great chicken soup recipe. I have not prepared this recipe, but I have eaten it and it's delish. The recipe came from the Chiquita Mexican Cuisine restaurant in Dallas,...
Provided by Julie in TX
More recipes about "roasted cherries food"
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2018-06-08 · Step 2. Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes; toss to coat. Step 3. Spread cherry tomatoes in an …
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes; toss to coat.
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2018-09-07 · Heat oven to 400°F. Combine all the ingredients except the basil in a roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are …
CRISP-TENDER ROAST DUCK WITH CHERRY-ROSEMARY SAUCE …
2015-06-07 · Add the cherries, stock, preserves, honey and rosemary, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lemon …
- Rinse the duck inside and out and pat dry. Trim any excess fat from the neck and cavity, snip off wingtips and discard. Mix 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, and sprinkle the bird inside and out. Using a paring knife, make dozens of slits through the skin and fat (taking care not to pierce the meat) all over both sides and all parts of the bird.
- Put the duck breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour. Take the bird out of the oven, transfer to a platter and carefully drain the fat from the pan into a measuring cup (you'll end up getting 2 to 3 cups). Return the duck to the pan, prick with the knife again, turn it breast-side down and roast another hour. Repeat each hour, roasting the duck for a total of 4 1/2 hours.
- While the duck cooks, make the sauce: In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon duck fat over medium heat and cook the shallots until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the cherries, stock, preserves, honey and rosemary, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice, swirl in the butter and taste for salt and pepper. Set aside until the duck is finished.
10 BEST GLACE CHERRIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
2022-01-04 · Glace Cherries Recipes 1,100 Recipes. Last updated Jan 04, 2022. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 1,100 suggested recipes. Rock Drops (aka Rock Cakes) LisaWard66305. egg, golden caster sugar, plain …
23 BEST CHOKE CHERRY RECIPES IDEAS | CHOKECHERRY, CHERRY ...
Chokecherry Jelly Recipe. Chokecherry Jelly Recipe - 5lbs 10oz berries boiled 5 cups H2O yielded 7 3/4cups of juice (mashed, and strained and hand squeezed) - Boiled with 12 cups of granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 5 pouches …
ROAST DUCK BREAST WITH DRIED CHERRIES AND PORT - FOOD NETWORK
2020-06-02 · Add the vinegar and cook for one minute. Add the Port, chicken stock, cherries, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 …
- Wrap each duck breast in plastic wrap and pound them with a meat mallet until each breast is about 1 inch thick. Place the duck on a plate, sprinkle both sides with a total of 4 teaspoons salt, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Score the skin of the duck breasts with a sharp knife, making a crosshatch pattern but not cutting down to the meat.
- In a large (12-inch) heavy-bottomed, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place the duck breasts in the pan, skin side down. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes, discarding the fat from the pan occasionally, until the skin is very browned. Turn the duck with tongs, place the skillet in the oven, and roast for 12 to 18 minutes, until the internal temperature of the duck is 120 degrees F for rare. Remove from the oven, cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, and allow the duck to rest for 10 minutes.
CRISP POLENTA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES - FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · Step 1. Lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, bring the water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a boil. Gradually whisk in the …
- Lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, bring the water and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta and cook over low heat, whisking, until thick, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Scrape the polenta into the baking dish and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently toss the tomatoes with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes on the baking sheet and scatter the thyme sprigs on top. Roast for 20 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to burst; discard the thyme.
- Meanwhile, turn the polenta out onto a work surface and trim 1/2 inch off all sides. Cut the polenta into 8 rectangles. Heat a large nonstick skillet. Brush both sides of the polenta with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt. Working in 2 batches, cook the polenta over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer the polenta to plates and sprinkle with the goat cheese. Arrange the roasted tomatoes over the polenta and serve.
ROASTED QUAIL WITH CHERRY AND RED WINE SAUCE | RICARDO
2012-02-14 · With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Meanwhile, in an ovenproof non-stick skillet, brown the quail in the oil on each side. Season …
ROASTED GOOSE LEGS WITH SOUR CHERRY GLAZE AND GRAVY | FOOD ...
2021-11-19 · Step 3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F with rack 10 inches from top of oven. Combine sour cherry spread, vinegar, and mustard in a small saucepan; cook over low, stirring occasionally, until ...
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
CHERRIES | FOODLAND ONTARIO
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD …
WHIPPED FETA WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES – LA TOURANGELLE
2022-01-13 · Preheat oven to 400°F. Place cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle La Tourangelle Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes. In a food processor combine all ingredients for the whipped feta dip. Puree until smooth, transfer to a bowl. Serve whipped feta with roasted tomatoes, fresh bread ...
OUR BEST CHERRY RECIPES | MYRECIPES
2019-04-15 · Great for eating right out of hand, cherries are also a great base for savory sauces, like this tangy fresh cherry and fennel relish. For the best relish texture and presentation, be sure to evenly and finely chop all of the ingredients. A food processor would be a good shortcut, but chopping by hand gives the nicest result. Serve with grilled pork tenderloin, lamb chops, or …
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
2014-03-20 · Preheat oven to 450°. Toss cherry tomatoes with thyme and oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tomatoes are blistered and beginning to burst, 20 ...
8 FABULOUS CHERRY RECIPES FOR FRESH OR FROZEN CHERRIES ...
2021-06-03 · Favorite Collections » 8 Fabulous Cherry Recipes for Fresh or Frozen Cherries. 8 Fabulous Cherry Recipes for Fresh or Frozen Cherries. Published: Jun 3, 2021 · Modified: Jun 3, 2021 by Elaine · This post may contain Amazon affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This blog generates income via ads · 2 Comments
ROAST CHERRY TOMATOES - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
2022-01-07 · Cut a few slits on top of roast for bacon drippings to penetrate ... crispy when cooking with roast. Garnish with cherry tomatoes or tomato wedges. Ingredients: 6 (bacon .. leaves .. mustard .. wedges ...) 9. PORK LOIN WITH ROASTED BELL PEPPERS AND TOMATOES. 1. Preheat oven to 400 ... Combine bell peppers, tomatoes and garlic with skin …
CHERRY RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
Discover our recipes for cherry desserts like cheesecake, tarts and trifle, plus cherry glazes, sauces and more. Pick your favourite cherry recipe from the bunch. If you are using a screen reader to navigate the Woolworths website please select the “Accessibility On” switch in accessibility settings.
CHAI CHERRY CRUMBLE - BAKING BITES
2022-01-13 · Crisps and Other Fruit Desserts Recipes. Chai Cherry Crumble. Posted on January 13, 2022 January 12, 2022. Fruit crumbles are easy desserts to make all year round because you can use either fresh or frozen fruit as your base. This Chai Cherry Crumble is a spicy twist on a classic fruit crumble, with chai spices in the filling and topping of this comfort food dessert. …
CHERRIES | RECIPES - SPECIALTY PRODUCE
Purslane, Pickled Lapin Cherry, Shaved Fennel and Roasted Chioggia Beet Salad with Ginger-Pineapple Sage-Tahini Dressing: 101 Cookbooks: Red Fruit Salad: With Food and Love: Savory Roasted Cherries Panzanella Salad: Tarladalal: Spinach Summer Cherry Salad: In Erika's Kitchen: Spring Salad with Cherries and Goat Cheese: Eats Well with Others ...
FOOD.COM - RECIPES, FOOD IDEAS AND VIDEOS
Food.com has a massive collection of recipes that are submitted, rated and reviewed by people who are passionate about food. From international cuisines to quick and easy meal ideas, Food.com is where you can find what youre craving.
BEST CHERRY RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
2021-06-25 · Beet, Pickled Cherry and Crispy Shallot Salad. Get the Recipe. Moroccans often start a big meal with several small salads, including one with marinated beets. For this big salad, Mourad Lahlou ...
DONAL'S ROAST CHERRY TOMATO PICI
2021-12-08 · Toss the tomatoes, garlic cloves, thyme sprigs, chilli flakes and olive oil in a roasting tray, season well and roast for 30–45 minutes until tender and broken down.
CHERRY RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Whether you're fresh in cherry season or using canned cherries, these cherry recipes are sure to please! 964369.jpg. Cherry Cobbler . 441575.jpg. Cherry Crisps and Crumbles . 665571.jpg. Cherry Pie . Cherry Oatmeal Cookies. Cherry Cookies . three mini lattice-topped cherry pies on a white tray. Cherry Desserts . Staff Picks . Sour Cherry Sorbet. Sour Cherry Sorbet . Rating: …
30 RECIPES TO MAKE WITH FRESH CHERRIES - TASTE OF HOME