- Lightly toast pita bread.
- Break tuna chunks into small pieces in a bowl; stir in pickle, mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic powder, and rosemary until evenly blended.
- Place Swiss cheese into the pocket of the toasted pita bread and spoon in tuna mixture.
- Heat pita sandwich in the microwave on a microwave-safe dish until cheese is melted, 15 to 20 seconds.
Similar recipes "tuna pita melt food"
This simplified version of an Indian favorite is a delightful way to showcase tasty chickpeas.
Provided by Nava Atlas
An easy way to give roast chicken some character is to baste it with flavorful liquid. Contrary to conventional wisdom, this does nothing to keep the bird moist. Even a very lean bird remains moist as...
Provided by Mark Bittman
Taken from 'Tesco' magazine - each serving contains 340 calories/2 g sugar/15 g fats/3 g saturates/0.8 salt
Provided by McCarthy
Provided by Tracey Seaman
Israeli couscous stands in for pasta in this lighter version of a classic summer salad.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Cooked millet has a taste and aroma that's subtly reminiscent of raw hazelnuts, and as with hazelnuts, toasting millet first really deepens its flavor. If you want to work ahead, toast and cook the millet,...
Provided by Yewande Komolafe
I use pesto and pistou in many other dishes besides pasta. Pesto is a nutritionally dense condiment; basil is a great source of flavonoids that are believed to have antioxidant and antibacterial properties....
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Provided by Anne Burrell
With filling meals, it is hard to save room sometimes, but few can refuse my wonderful dessert.-Yvonne Nave, Lyons, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
More recipes about "tuna pita melt food"
TUNA MELT RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
2016-11-16 · Preheat the broiler and set the rack about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source. Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread …
- Spread the bread out on a baking sheet and toast. Spread the toasted muffins or bread with the mayonnaise, if using. Top with the Tuna Salad and then the shredded cheese. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork. Toss with the celery, onion, and parsley. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and season with pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add lemon juice, if using.
TERRIFIC TUNA MELT PITA - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
1. Heat oven or toaster oven to 400ºF. 2. Mix tuna and cream cheese spread; spread onto bread. Top with cheddar. 3. Bake 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted. 4. Top …
TUNA PITA MELTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
2018-06-08 · Directions. Instructions Checklist. Step 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the whole pita breads in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Advertisement. Step 2. In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna…
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place the whole pita breads in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, relish, dill and salt. Spread an equal amount of the tuna mixture onto each of the pita breads. Arrange tomato wedges over the tuna, and sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
THE SUNFLOWER TUNA RECIPE THAT WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH ...
2019-03-21 · Tracy uses a food processor to make the tuna salad portion of the tuna melt. Melanie, Staci, and Tracy use lemon juice to soften the sunflower seeds. Melanie chops up the veggies while Staci juices the lemons. Tracy uses the food processor to chop off the veggies finely. She warns not to try to make smoothies in a food …
TUNA MUSHROOM MELT - RECIPES FOOD AND COOKING
2013-08-05 · 4 oz. Swiss cheese. 4 pieces bread. Instructions. Saute the mushrooms and onions in the butter until the onions begin to caramelize and mushrooms are lightly browned. Add some torn basil. Make tuna salad with mayonnaise and sweet relish. Toast the bread. Divide the tuna …
TUNA MELT PITA PIZZAS WITH SPINACH, CHEDDAR CHEESE, AND ...
2019-04-26 · In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, spinach, mayonnaise, green onions, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Divide the mixture between the pitas and spread it evenly. Top each with half the …
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, spinach, mayonnaise, green onions, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Arrange the pitas on a baking sheet and bake for eight to ten minutes, until the cheese has melted and the pizzas are heated through. Garnish with parsley.
WARM TUNA PITA POCKETS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
Directions. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through …
ITALIAN TUNA PITA MELTS - SHE LOVES BISCOTTI
2015-06-11 · Cue Italian Tuna Pita Melts. Not too long ago, I was introduced to a wonderful line of products from Litehouse Foods. I tried a little food experiment. I replaced the mayonnaise and a few herbs and spices in the “traditional” version of this well-known classic by a product made by Litehouse Foods …
TUNA MELT PITA SANDWICHES - PROJECT MEAL PLAN
2020-05-27 · Make the tuna salad: In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, celery, mayo, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well mixed. Make the pitas: Divide the tuna salad between the two pitas, putting the tuna salad only on half of the pita. Put your tomatoes on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Leave the pita …
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, celery, mayo, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Divide the tuna salad between the two pitas, putting the tuna salad only on half of the pita. Put your tomatoes on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Leave the pita open-faced and place in a toaster oven or regular oven. Toast for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese is melty on top to your liking. Save leftover tuna salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.
PITA THE GREAT - TUNA SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2009-03-25 · Combine tuna, red pepper, green onion and cilantro in a bowl. Whisk together the honey, lime juice, mayo, black pepper, hot pepper sauce, cumin and salt. Pour over the tuna mixture and toss to combine. Open pita pockets and line each with 1/4 of the cucumber slices and 1/4 of the alfalfa sprouts. Divide the tuna mixture evenly among the pita ...
8 WAYS TO PREPARE TUNA: NEVER BE BORED AGAIN!
- Feta And Tuna Pasta Salad. Feta cheese is a great source of protein and high in calcium, which helps with proper muscle contraction. Make sure you choose the lowest fat variety of feta cheese that you can find.
- Tuna Salad. If you're on a low carb diet, then this tuna salad dish will fit your diet perfectly. It's fast, simple, and contains plenty of Lycopene, a healthful plant compound found in tomatoes.
- Creamy Dijon Tuna. This is a great recipe if you're in the mood for a creamy dish that comes with a bite. Unlike other creamy dishes that are usually high in fat, creamy Dijon tuna is low in both fat and calories but high in protein thanks to the tuna.
- Protein Packed Tuna Melt. For those days when you need a warm meal on the go, this tuna melt works perfectly. Unlike most tuna melts that are high in saturated fat and carbs, this one is moderate in carbs and packs the protein-punch of a can of tuna to support your lean muscle building goals.
- Apple Tuna Salad. For something totally different, try this apple tuna salad. With apples and cranberries you get extra dietary fiber and a surprising sweetness to balance out the tartness of red onion and balsamic vinegar.
- Tuna Pizza. If you're a pizza fanatic but don't like what it does to your waistline, this is a much healthier alternative. Not only is this pizza lower in carbohydrates, but it's packed with nutrition from fresh veggies to protein and slow-digesting carbs.
- Tuna 'N Dill Pickles. Another quick and easy recipe, this one can be made in minutes, and it's easy to prepare a large batch to keep in the fridge and grab for a quick lunch before you head out the door in the morning.
- Italian Tuna Pita. A great option for a fast lunch, this Italian tuna pita is easy to store as a quick snack for when you're trying to increase your calorie intake.
HEALTHY TUNA SALAD PITA - AN EASY & HEALTHY LUNCH
2018-04-03 · Instructions. Combine the can of tuna with the mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well. Slice open the pita and stuff with the tuna salad, cucumber, tomato, lettuce and microgreens. Enjoy! Recipe Card powered by. This recipe is in partnership with Safe Catch Foods…
TUNA PITA POCKETS - GOOD CHEAP EATS
2017-07-26 · In a mixing bowl combine the tuna, mayonnaise, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold gently until tuna has broken up and mayonnaise and spices are incorporated throughout. Divide the salad into the pita …
- In a mixing bowl combine the tuna, mayonnaise, dill weed, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold gently until tuna has broken up and mayonnaise and spices are incorporated throughout.
- Divide the salad into the pita bread halves. Add cucumber slices down the sides of each sandwich. Serve immediately.
- If making these sandwiches to pack, divide the tuna salad into four containers with lids. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Assemble right before eating.
OPEN-FACE TUNA MELTS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
Spread tuna mixture evenly over buns; top with tomato. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Top with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Top with …
ITALIAN TUNA MELTS RECIPE - GRACE PARISI | FOOD & WINE
2013-12-07 · Step 1. Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard until combined. Add the flaked tuna, chopped artichokes, …
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard until combined. Add the flaked tuna, chopped artichokes, chopped olives, sliced red onion and shredded basil and toss gently. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the cut sides of the ciabatta lightly with olive oil and broil cut side up on a baking sheet for 2 minutes, until the ciabatta is golden and lightly toasted; shift the baking sheet for even browning. Rub the garlic clove over the toasted ciabatta and mound the tuna salad on top. Cover with the sliced Robiola cheese and broil until the cheese is just melted, about 1 minute. Serve the tuna melts at once.
TUSCAN TUNA MELT FLATBREAD PIZZA | CHICKEN OF THE SEA
Classic comfort food meets Tuscany in this lively pizza — with savory flavors of a tuna melt, crunchy veggies, and a thin, crispy crust. Total Time. 25 Minutes. Servings. 6 (two slices each) Share this recipe. Save recipe. Ingredients. 2 (2.5 oz) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Premium Light Tuna Pouch. 3 (8 inch) flatbreads, multi-grain or flax healthy grain (pita bread can be used) 1 ...
TUNA PITTA MELT: OT - RTE
2019-02-27 · Method. Toast the pitta bread in the toaster for 1 minute until puffed up, then leave until cool enough to handle and split one side open using a sharp knife or scissors. Meanwhile, open the can ...
TUNA PITTA MELT: OT - RTE.IE
2021-01-06 · Method. Toast the pitta bread in the toaster for 1 minute until puffed up, then leave until cool enough to handle and split one side open using a sharp knife or scissors. Meanwhile, open the can ...
MEDITERRANEAN TUNA MELTS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN ...
TUNA MELT PITA PIZZAS - TODAY'S PARENT
2017-03-01 · In a bowl, mix tuna, chickpeas, mayonnaise, olive oil, ½ of the green onion and all of the pepper. Place the pitas on the baking sheet. Divide spinach among the pitas, then spread the tuna mixture overtop. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each pita and bake until cheese has melted, 8 …
13 RECIPES FOR CANNED TUNA | FOOD BLOGGERS OF CANADA
Canned tuna is a pantry staple that most of us have on hand so when you need something easy and quick it's a perfect protein to toss into a salad, mix with pasta, turn into a tuna melt or whip up into a tuna casserole. They're all quick and easy to prepare.
TUNA PITA MELT - GATHERED IN THE KITCHEN
Instructions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix tuna, celery, relish and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Slice pitas. Fill pita pockets with tuna mixture. Top mixture with cheese. Lay on baking sheet and bake until crispy (about 10-12 minutes) 3.5.3208.
TUNA SALAD PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TUNA SALAD PITA SANDWICHES 12 - 13 oz. can tuna in spring water 3/4 c. celery, chopped 5 tbsp. pickle relish, drained 3 eggs, hard cooked and chopped finely 1 c. mayonnaise 6 pita breads, cut each in half Drain and flake the tuna. Gently mix the tuna with celery, relish, eggs, and mayonnaise. Open each pita bread and fill with tuna salad.
SUPPERTIME TUNA MELT | CANADIAN LIVING
2005-07-14 · Method. Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the mayonnaise over each pita. Combine tuna, celery, pickle, onions, remaining mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste; spread over pitas. Sprinkle with cheese, covering as much area as possible. Broil on baking sheet 4 inches (10 cm) from heat for 3 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
TUNA MELT PITTAS | ECFP
03. With a knife, cut a slit down the long side of each pitta bread (so it opens like a pocket) and spoon the tuna and sweetcorn mixture inside each pitta. Pop the filled pitta pockets on a baking tray and bake in the hot oven for around 10-12 minutes until the pitta is crisp and the mozzarella is melted and oozing.
TUNA AND CHEESE PITA MELT - GLOBAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT ...
Tuna and Cheese Pita Melt. On the table in: 5 mins Serves: 1 Origin: Western. Ingredients: 100 grams tinned tuna in spring water, drained and flaked. ½ cup red capsicum, de-seeded and diced. 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar cheese. 1 small wholemeal pita bread. Nutritional Information. Per serving: 223 calories; 19.3g carbohydrates; 27g protein; 4.3g fat; 1.8g fibre *nutritional data is indicative ...